Feature Request: Link multiple email addresses to Evernote account

Florux

Idea

90 replies to this idea

I have been an Evernote user for many years and I will continue to be an Evernote user. But the fact that Evernote doesn't support multiple email accounts is still mind blowing to me. If you are a consultant and have 3 email addresses for work and a personal email address, this is not an uncommon use-case just as having 2 email addresses (one for work and one for home) is a common use-case. I would like to be able to have EN preview GSuite links that are from any of my email addresses as opposed to just my primary email address. I find it fascinating that a long thread with so many coherent and relevant use-cases (along with some incoherent and irrelevant responses) has garnered so little support from Evernote. I'm sure there are plenty of folks at EN who have personal and professional email addresses that they use. I am also aware that EN has many very experienced product people. So I'm genuinely curious to know what the push back is for not creating this feature to allow many email addresses for a single user to interact with a single EN account.

• Like 2

I'm shocked that in 2020: a) this thread doesn't have a resolution ; and b) for three years no one has had this issue.  Did I miss out?  How do you associate two emails with one Evernote account.  After reading all the workarounds, they are, in a word, lame.  When is this basic capability going to be included in Evernote? 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Eric Lubow said:

So I'm genuinely curious to know what the push back is for not creating this feature to allow many email addresses for a single user to interact with a single EN account.

To indicate support for this request, use the vote button at the top left corner od the discussion
The current count is 12 user votes

• Level 5*

Welcome to the forums.  Suggestions hereabouts do get read by the developers,  so they'll take what you say on board.  There may be some practical considerations though if access to your account is shared so easily with many people - your upload allowance might be exhausted more quickly,  Evernote could run more slowly - and inevitably someone has to do all the coding to make this happen.  Would someone be that much more likely to buy Evernote because they can share more easily?

Thanks for responding! It's uplifting to learn that feature requests posted here are indeed read by the Evernote development team.

As for your response I somewhat disagree as I never was a fan of security through obscurity. When sharing a note with a colleague or a friend the main idea is simplicity. While I might not want to share my work email with a neighbour with whom I collaborate on refurbishing the street, its no big deal and probably not a single deciding factor when it comes to buying or not buying Evernote premium. However, all these minor usability enhancements do tend to add up. And allowing to share with a user ID instead of a rigid email address could be one such thing. This would by the way also help when inviting new users as the risk of new users ending up with multiple accounts for multiple email addresses would be eliminated. Thus could be food for thought :-)

I much welcome a good debate on the merits of feature requests, so your thoughts are much appreciated! Make it a fantastic day!

• Like 4

I was just thinking about this today and google searched to see if this was a feature I was missing out on. I have my personal notes and some notebooks for work meetings. I sometimes email them to the meeting attendess as well. 

My problem is that my personal email is associated with the account and after I email the notes, if one of the recipients selects "reply all", now my personal account has these notes - slightly against company policy (separation of work and personal). I can change my email to my work account and back depending on what I'm emailing. 

My preference would be 

a) store multiple email addresses, designate one as default

B) the default email address serves as the log in as well as the default across other features

c) where it makes sense (ie emailing notes) allow user to select another email associated to the account when sending those particular notes

• Like 7
  • Level 5*

I was just thinking about this today and google searched to see if this was a feature I was missing out on. I have my personal notes and some notebooks for work meetings. I sometimes email them to the meeting attendess as well. 

My problem is that my personal email is associated with the account and after I email the notes, if one of the recipients selects "reply all", now my personal account has these notes - slightly against company policy (separation of work and personal). I can change my email to my work account and back depending on what I'm emailing. 

My preference would be 

B) the default email address serves as the log in as well as the default across other features

c) where it makes sense (ie emailing notes) allow user to select another email associated to the account when sending those particular notes

Or you could go to the My Account page online and change the address?

My preference would be 

I agree 100% with your perspective on how this should work and why we need it this way.

This came up today when I shared a note with a colleague who then replied...but the reply went to my personal mail account rather than work so I didn't see it until much later.  Sometimes I share notes personally and want my personal address to show and other times I'm using this for work.  I only have two mail addresses and I work hard to keep things separate.

Or you could go to the My Account page online and change the address?

Sorry but I don't think this is a realistic recommendation for the way most regular users would benefit from this feature.  I toggle between work and personal activities all day and would expect to be able to toggle my e-mail address accordingly.  I do this exact thing every time I compose an e-mail from my iPad or iPhone.  I simply choose the "from" account and send away.  Replies come back to the appropriate account.  Very simple.

• Like 5

I agree with Florux, Cindit0 and jelake.   The multiple email address feature would make this tool useable for me vs. frustrating.  I am a new user and love the potential for this tool to organize my life, but creating multiple accounts to separate out personal and professional is just cumbersome and changing an email address constantly is equally cumbersome.  This is a tool that seems at a very basic level to promote easy, streamlined organization.  The single email account prevents Evernote from meeting my needs as a user. 

• Like 3

Totally AGREE.

I have several members on my team that do not all use the same company email address.  

Sharing is a nightmare when you can't figure out what email address to share with and the other user is not available, or forgot which email is on their account (it happens).

• Like 3

I agree with Florux (and everyone else except the "Evernote Evangelist") on this one. Sure, this feature may not be *the* deal breaker but despite being a premium Evernote subscriber for years, lately I've been using Google Drive (Docs) more and more. Here's yet another reason. I've got a business associate emailing his shared notebooks to my work address and I have to email him back and ask that he share it with my personal email address instead. Really silly. I'll probably just set up the shared folder on my Google Drive and share it with him (which will also provide him an introduction Google Drive). When a company doesn't respond to its customer's requests, it rolls the dice. On the one hand, its customers might just live with the inadequacies (straight out of Apple's play book) but on the other hand, those same customers could start researching alternatives. Better hope the alternative is not better...

• Like 2

Hello there!

I 100% agree with this development request. I use Evernote both on a personal and professional level (as Evernote is meant to be!) and it is annoying to have to send e.mails only with either the biz or the personal e.mail. 

Thanks in anticipation!

JB R

• Like 2

I just picked this thread up as others did when searching to find out if this feature already exists. However, I don't just see this as a "nice to have" - this would be a "deal winner" for me to move to Premium. With just a single email address, I can't effectively use this across both personal and work. Toggling between email addresses just isn't practical so I'm stuck with copying and pasting. 

Ideally, I agree that assigning a default email address to a notebook would be great. Alternatively the ability to choose your email address when you share the note. 

• Like 2

I also support this feature request.

In addition the only way I can send/share a note is via the EN email client that does not link to my Outlook contacts or give me the editing flexibility that i might want to use before I send a note.

Q...can i use Outlook as default email client and if so how

Q...can i see Outlook Contact in EN so that I dont have to keep typing addresses?

Any help appreciated.  Thank you.

• Level 5*

I also support this feature request.

In addition the only way I can send/share a note is via the EN email client that does not link to my Outlook contacts or give me the editing flexibility that i might want to use before I send a note.

Q...can i use Outlook as default email client and if so how

Q...can i see Outlook Contact in EN so that I dont have to keep typing addresses?

Any help appreciated.  Thank you.

You can't set Outlook as your default email client for Evernote or see Outlook Contacts (unless you copy them into a note and cut/ paste from there..).  

You could send all emails to yourself in Outlook,  and have a rule there to send them on to different recipients,  or maybe use IFTTT to spot keywords in the headings...

Thanks EE,

This seems bonkers.  So EN are saying that if I use EN to minute a meeting, i then have to email to myself before i can email to the meeting attendees?  I cant imagine why EN would create such a clunky process for sharing, unless they are utter control freaks...Do you know why EN have chosen not to integrate with Outlook?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Thanks EE,

This seems bonkers.  So EN are saying that if I use EN to minute a meeting, i then have to email to myself before i can email to the meeting attendees?  I cant imagine why EN would create such a clunky process for sharing, unless they are utter control freaks...Do you know why EN have chosen not to integrate with Outlook?

I don't think they 'created' or 'chose' a process.  Evernote is a tool you can use - within limits - for anything.  You found a limit.  And EN doesn't integrate with Outlook because then they'd have to include GMail / Thunderbird / MS Mail / Livemail / Incredimail / OE etc etc in all their many versions on all the available OS's.

• Like 1

A collegue just created and shared many notebooks with me but used the support@mycompany instead of myname@mycomany.  Now I will take the time call them to ask them to take the time to do it all over again for each notebook for my evernote account email address.

I wonder how many total man hours across all the evernote users have been spent collectively to do this over and over and over again...

Like all the other posters except 1 -- after searching for a solution in Google I find this thread. And as usual the thread has comments from an "evengelist" telling us why we are doing it wrong.

I would like to have multiple email addresses associated with my Evernote premium account.

I would also like to request the ability to associate multiple accounts with a single Evernote account. As I increasingly use Evernote to take and share screenshots, I find it frustrating when for some situations, I have to copy the image out of Evernote and paste into the e-mail rather than just send from Evernote. 

• Level 5*

I would also like to request the ability to associate multiple accounts with a single Evernote account. As I increasingly use Evernote to take and share screenshots, I find it frustrating when for some situations, I have to copy the image out of Evernote and paste into the e-mail rather than just send from Evernote. 

Just a thought - if you paste the shared page into your email with another utility and add your Evernote email address as a BCC field you can probably save some keystrokes...

+1000

This would be the single most important feature upgrade for me. I want to select a "from" email address when emailing a note from within Evernote. For login and sharing of notebooks, I'm fine with it always using the official account email.

Here are some specifics of my use-case...

Everything I consume online (excluding video and photo only galleries) gets put into Evernote. It generally falls into two categories, personal and professional. And even within professional I have a long-time email for professional purposes, as well an official email for the company I just started.

Rather than share links directly through my email client, I prefer to the clipped article through Evernote since I can both add commentary and people can read the contents in their email client without clicking through to a web page. When I share I like to maintain the persona relevant to the recipient and what's being shared.

With family and old friends I use my personal gmail. For customers and prospective investors I use my official company email. And for general professional acquaintances I have a third email address that I've maintained for years. I don't want customers/investors having my personal email, and I don't want them confused with a professional email address that doesn't match domain name through which they know me. Similarly, I don't want friends and family replying to my official work email in response to notes I've sent them. 

• Like 1

adding my 2c that having more than one email account associated with the Evernote account would be awesome. I would use it to direct scans coming in from the scanner since there's no way to edit the subject line on a scanned message to direct it to a particular Evernote folder.

TYIA  :)

• Level 5*

adding my 2c that having more than one email account associated with the Evernote account would be awesome. I would use it to direct scans coming in from the scanner since there's no way to edit the subject line on a scanned message to direct it to a particular Evernote folder.

TYIA  :)

If you're using Windows,  look into Belvedere and Import Folders - you can do a lot with those...

+1 - This would be a great feature! 

I just came on board with using Evernote to organize as much of my life (business and personal) as possible, and this was one of the first features I looked for. 

I was rather surprised that the only options were:

1. Mix my business and personal collaboration via one email. 

2. Create multiple accounts (1 for business and 1 for personal). 

I own my own business with multiple clients and the first option is not viable for me. 

My personal email has a whole different public face than my business email.

(My personal email is used for blogging and connecting with others of similar interests, and my business is unrelated and would confuse my clients if they found it related to my personal profile) 

Since I am forced into option 2, I now have to decide with which account do I want to purchase premium. 

At this point it would be a bit overkill to pay for two accounts. I don't need that much bandwidth yet, and I want to be as frugal as possible.

However, not having premium for either business or personal I could see needing to expand as activity increases in use of this great tool. 

There are a lot of services out there that benefit my business greatly, and I cannot justify paying for all of them, so I must choose wisely. 

So far I do love what I see with Evernote! Way to go developers, and creatives!

You have really built something great!

Thanks for taking the time to read my input. 

• Level 5*

Multiple accounts can work fine; you might not even need to purchase premium, as you can share read/write notebooks freely now with all versions. Work out your system, and see which one requires whatever premium features you need, and upgrade that one.

• Like 1

Bumping this thread as another user who would see great benefit to associating both work and personal email with one evernote account. I sent a support requesting how to do that and the reply from them simply pointed me to this thread. Thanks a lot.

Yes absolutely agree! I've just joined Evernote and signed on for business because I've heard, read, and watched...from so many sources how great of a tool it is for entrepreneurs...specifically those managing multiple projects and ventures. I have a 3 different business emails for 3 separate but synergetic businesses. I thought evernote business would be a solution of sorts for my organizational woes...but am deeply disappointed to find that it doesn't allow me to add more than one business email to my account.

The only solution I can think of would be to create a separate user for each business....but then what about my personal notes? Seems like its going to be a hairy nightmare :/

Not to mention....the fact that my businesses have separate domains....so as the system is set up I'd have to pay for each user....no way?

Any thoughts on a solution? Otherwise I'll just have to cancel my subscription :-/

• Level 5*

Yes absolutely agree! I've just joined Evernote and signed on for business because I've heard, read, and watched...from so many sources how great of a tool it is for entrepreneurs...specifically those managing multiple projects and ventures. I have a 3 different business emails for 3 separate but synergetic businesses. I thought evernote business would be a solution of sorts for my organizational woes...but am deeply disappointed to find that it doesn't allow me to add more than one business email to my account.

The only solution I can think of would be to create a separate user for each business....but then what about my personal notes? Seems like its going to be a hairy nightmare :/

What about your personal notes? Create an account for yourself, then share notebooks as needed.

Not to mention....the fact that my businesses have separate domains....so as the system is set up I'd have to pay for each user....no way?

Why would this be a problem? Evernote doesn't care about your domains. You may be able to use free accounts, depending on your needs. You don't even need the Business product for this. Business would be more applicable for managing multiple employees in a single business.

If you have questions specific to Evernote for Business, you should probably ask them in the dedicated forum for that, elsewhere on this site.

I would also really like the ability to associate multiple email addresses. I'll just add that this is one of those features that is common enough that users expect it. Dropbox, Trello, most social media services...they all allow you to do this. Sometimes that's reason enough to add a feature so you stay current.  I just shared a note with a colleague who I know is an Evernote user. Because I chose her work address from the list that appeared, she received the note, but it wasn't linked to her Evernote account. I had to share it with her again once she told me her personal address was on her account.

Hi,

With the increased collaboration features "recently" added to Evernote such as Shared Notebooks, it would be very useful if multiple email addresses could be linked to a single Evernote ID, and furthermore that shared notebooks could be shared based on Evernote userID alone as well as one of the associated email addresses.

The reason is foremost for people using Evernote to share both private stuff with friends and family, and work stuff with colleagues. If I could either tell them just to share with my userID, or my colleagues simply could share with the email address they already have on file, it would simplify the process significantly, and also not mean "forced" sharing of ones personal email address to work colleagues for instance.

Food for thought?

Although personally for my own use, I don't quite need this yet...

I know I would find it useful one day... And I believe a lot of people will immediately find it useful...

I know many people with multiple emails... Which email do you invite them to evernote with? And also wich email do they actually use to install evernote with....

All pertinent topics.

Completely valid...

I can see the benefit of this suggestion.

• Like 1

Another vote for this feature. I belong to multiple organizations and different coworkers, clients, etc send me shared Evernote files/folders to different email addresses. This was not really an issue prior to Work Chat, but now that Evernote is really developing Work Chat out, it will be a critical feature. Evernote, please add this feature!!!

• Like 2

+1. Very useful. Plenty of Evernote users are independent contractors or entrepreneurs that juggle their own company, their role in the company they work for and their personal life with content that is synergic. I am a new user considering Premium. This will definitely put me in the Yes side.

• Like 1

+1 for this feature. I receive work chat requests at my office address, but my evernote account is linked to my personal address.  A real pain and really quite unbelievable that this feature hasn't yet been added. 

• Like 1

And another +1. 

I had evernote business at my previous company, and that was great.

At a new job this week, colleague shared a notebook on my new work address, and I can't access it!

For the record, I've been using evernote personally (both for work and personal notes & projects) since 2010.

I don't want to have TWO evernote accounts. I want all my notes in one place. How can I add a work address as an identifying email?? (without evernote business)

• Level 5*

This is a much-requested feature,  and it seems reasonable that with everyone having more than one email address these days - at least work plus personal - that an account should allow for additional addresses.  For various reasons to do with multiple website management I have several addresses,  though I don't change my account address around.  I do have secondary Evernote accounts in a couple of cases,  and have shared notebooks from there to my main account when necessary.

Evernote may or may not have this on the route-map - they're not (as usual) saying - but meantime your options are:

• change the account address (pretty easy via your online My Account page).
  • get a fresh account with the new address and share notebooks with your main account.
  • forward emails received by the new address to your main account address (obviously not going to work for shared-in notes).
  • forward some or all emails received by the new address directly to Evernote via the @evernote account address

I received a shared note to an email address that was not yet connected to Evernote.  I was able to follow the link in that email, sign in to my Evernote account, and then it prompted me to connect that email address to my account.

So maybe the feature does exist, but there's no obvious place to set it up?

just came here searching on google for this feature as i had some pain same like you guys .. please evernote we need multiple email to be linked to one evernote id ... thanks for the saving our lives 

Exactly the same. We NEED this.

+1 here. Came from a Google search after spending hours trying to work out why a mail that I forwarded had not appeared in my Notebooks...

Sent if from the wrong email address (ironically I sent it from the Gmail parent address of the Alias that is attached to my Evernote account)

Is there a commercial reason that EN is not implementing this that I am missing here?

I had an issue like some describe here. I clicked on the link, and when it asked me to register, I instead selected the log-on option at the bottom of the screen. After logging on, I seemed to get access.

On my profile page I can now see a secondary email address. So the feature is somewhat there, it's just a little odd to get at?

Here's my enthusiastic vote in favor of this feature, too.

In lieu of that, I'd accept Evernote using my default email client to send the email, at which point I can simply change the "sender" address the way I normally do when I'm emailing from different accounts.

A slight variation on a theme.

I am using a mail client called Mailbox. (Now owned by Dropbox) The mobile App is brilliant and the Mac client (Beta) is getting improved right now. Judging by the take up - I would probably not be the only person doing this. Because Mailbox slings my Gmail through its own servers - Evernote will not accept any notes emailed from this client.

This is a bit tiresome.

I am a new Evernote Premium user and I have to say I am very dissapointed that I cannot combine more than one email into this application.  This is the first thing I attempted to do as I am trying to keep all of my personal and work details in one place.  This is what I thought Evernote was all about; organizing one's life so that it was less complicated.  

I didn't research Evernote enough.  I can only think I made a wrong purchase.  I am a Mac user at home and use PC at work and preferred to purchase Evernote as I prefer Apple products, but now I am thinking OneNote might have been a better option.  

Someone tell me I'm wrong.............

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I am a new Evernote Premium user and I have to say I am very dissapointed that I cannot combine more than one email into this application.  This is the first thing I attempted to do as I am trying to keep all of my personal and work details in one place.  This is what I thought Evernote was all about; organizing one's life so that it was less complicated.  

I didn't research Evernote enough.  I can only think I made a wrong purchase.  I am a Mac user at home and use PC at work and preferred to purchase Evernote as I prefer Apple products, but now I am thinking OneNote might have been a better option.  

Someone tell me I'm wrong.............

What is it that you're wanting to do?  If you watch videos you presumably use specialised software for that - what's the difference in using email software to send emails?  Evernote does a number of things really well.  It can send emails too - if you really want it to...

This use to be possible, but somewhere along the line Evernote has disabled the functionality. #bringitback

I also find that "chat" has created confusion among those I communicate with who are not "power" Evernote users.

I have removed chat from my sidebar and toolbar. #getitoutofhere

I am an evernote premium user and I also would like that : right now, my account is linked to my personal account, but when I send my meeting notes to a colleague, I would like it to originate from my professional account. Any way I could do that ?

Since this thread spans a couple of years, I might assume the multiple email address feature has been added. I never wanted multiple email addresses, but somehow Evernote (free) got a second email address for me, possibly because I logged in one day using my google account, unsure how they got it. At any rate, a couple years have passed and now the (yahoo) email address I used to create my Evernote account is invalid but still showing as my log in address. When I go to change it to my google (gmail) address, the system says "address is already in use." Therefore I am completely unable to update my login address. I have accessed the contact Evernote developer form on the Google webstore and explained it in detail with no results. I have accessed a report bug form, got a ticket number but no email to confirm the report, probably because Evernote is still showing an invalid email as my primary address.

Any help would be appreciated in trying to get issue squared away. Again, this issue is unable to update my login email address to the "address already on file" and remove the old invalid login email address.

I posted this here because it may show people the downside of giving Evernote multiple email addresses but I would also like to know the proper place to post my issue to receive any help or advice with the problem.

UPDATE: I have figured out how to add a GMail subaddress and this worked to update my old invalid Evernote yahoo login address. However, I would advise all users to think twice before giving Evernote more than one email address at a time to avoid the hassle I have gone through.

Edited by DreamWeaver2500
Update info

LOL, it's been YEARS. 

I would be shocked if they were working on this or cared about user-requested features in general.

I'm actually using OneDrive from MSFT.

I know... it's Microsoft. But they're getting much better lately. You all should try it.

It's not bloated (yet) like Evernote has become.

I'm never re-upping for EV premium ever again. 

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Markers said:

Hope this feature is still in the works.

16 minutes ago, realpb said:

I would be shocked if they were working on this or cared about user-requested features in general.

This doesn't seem to be a high priority request; look at the user vote count in the upper left corner  Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 10.58.20 AM.png

EN is implementing upgrades all the time; I don't understand @realpb's problem

10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

EN is implementing upgrades all the time; I don't understand @realpb's problem

There have been other requests (similarly worded) via other Threads. There are 47 people following this thread and 73 replies. Maybe none of us were smart enough to use the Upvote button LOL.

Also, if you google it, you'll see other people asking/complaining about it elsewhere.

But I guess since a "guru" doesn't understand it, none of the 3 pages of replies here are valid ;)

And yes, they do implement upgrades. It's bloated. 

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, realpb said:

But I guess since a "guru" doesn't understand it, none of the 3 pages of replies here are valid ;)

The replies are valid
The votes are valid
But I repeat - I see it as a question of priorities.

>>And yes, they do implement upgrades. It's bloated.
A point of view - but surprising when you are requesting something to be updated

Just now, DTLow said:

>>And yes, they do implement upgrades. It's bloated.
A point of view - but surprising when you are requesting something to be updated

That is true. Seems like a paradox or conflicted emotions.

But that is THE challenge of building great apps. To add features and continually work to IMPROVE the product, but not end up with a bloated app that is slow to launch, complicated to navigate, etc.

I can be frustrated with the app's direction and recent results, while acknowledging that it's not an easy thing. It's not like I think the Product team is stupid or playing Pokemon Go all day. (ok, come on, we know they're playing Pokemon Go) 

There are plenty of SAAS products out there that are elegant, FAST, and hit the right balance of amazing UX, simplicity, powerful features, etc.

Again, it's hard. I know. But it's possible to do better. Evernote, in my opinion, is NOT a good example of a great product.

Also, linking multiple accounts is not the type of feature that would result in more bloat IMHO. It's an essential business feature that many SAAS products offer (whether through Team accounts or just by giving the option to add multiple emails). But that would not contribute to performance slowness at all. It's an ACCOUNT feature, and not a product UX feature. 

I guess I wasn't clear in my complaining :) There are many layers to the problems I have with this. But it doesn't matter - I'm not one of those complainers on the webz that rants in the hopes of being heard by the Product team LOL - how laughable is that? I"m thinking of Apple forum users. I was just sharing what I've ACTUALLY been doing - trying out other products and using OneDrive.

I too would like this feature for Evernote.

I use multiple emails for work, as I am a contractor assigned to several groups working in the same field. Each of the assigned groups has a different email.

I organize workbook stacks based on focus area and project

Having the ability to pull in emails from multiple email accounts would be a huge benefit.

On 5/16/2013 at 5:22 PM, gazumped said:

Welcome to the forums.  Suggestions hereabouts do get read by the developers,  so they'll take what you say on board.  There may be some practical considerations though if access to your account is shared so easily with many people - your upload allowance might be exhausted more quickly,  Evernote could run more slowly - and inevitably someone has to do all the coding to make this happen.  Would someone be that much more likely to buy Evernote because they can share more easily?

Developing elegant, light, fast apps people can actually use is not easy: OK, understood, that is why there is a lot of garbage out there. It is also why a product like Evernote has what appears to be a cracker jack team of excellent coders.

Developing the ability to have multiple accounts sign in and see the same content, not that difficult and is done all the time, while also allowing apps to stay light and zippy.

Would someone be more likely to buy and use Evernote because of this feature?: Absolutely! It is the one feature that keeps me from moving into Evernote fully to begin with (and apparently everyone else in this thread who wants the feature).

Would it cut down on Evernote's revenue: Probably initially, since to have a paid account it is tied to 1 unique email, preventing teams from gaming the system and sharing one Evernote account. However, I think it would adjust and revenues would increase due to the people who could fully move in and adopt the model completely.

The real question is not CAN it be done or SHOULD it be done (both I think are yes from all the posts), but WOULD it be beneficial to Evernote to do it? My answer is yes: the people who are trying to get something for free and game the system, likely don't add up to all the people out there with multiple emails that they use daily.

Either way: Evernonte is a great product that could be even better with this feature.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're taking me up on a four-year-old quote which I notice currently has a whole 6 votes in favor of the suggestion! 

I didn't understand some of your comments...

8 hours ago, PJAP said:

the ability to have multiple accounts sign in and see the same content

You can already publish a note publicly or to a specific audience or to Social Media or a comms app like Slack.  'Multiple Accounts' aren't relevant or necessary

8 hours ago, PJAP said:

to have a paid account it is tied to 1 unique email, preventing teams from gaming the system and sharing one Evernote account

All accounts are linked to the owner's email address,  and have one inbound address to which new note material can be sent.  Any new notes count against the owner's upload allowance for the month - and can be assigned to any notebook with any tag requested by the sender.  Sharing the login means Evernote's server can't tell who is editing a note - everyone is 'you'.  Sharing the inbound address means managing a slew of data added to your database by a bunch of colleagues. 

Evernote do have a business product which allows multiple access and multiple users with different levels of access and security.

If you're concerned to add incoming emails from several sources to your account,  the best way is to forward them from your conventional email address and set your own organisational rules.  There are also add-ins like IFTTT which will assign specific emails to Evernote by title or content.

8 hours ago, PJAP said:

the people who are trying to get something for free and game the system, likely don't add up to all the people out there with multiple emails that they use daily.

Evernote already have 200M users and a heavily used free product.  I'd really like them to stay in business for a while longer.  More freebies is not a good idea!

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, PJAP said:

Would it cut down on Evernote's revenue: Probably initially, since to have a paid account it is tied to 1 unique email, preventing teams from gaming the system and sharing one Evernote account. However, I think it would adjust and revenues would increase due to the people who could fully move in and adopt the model completely.

Nothing stops a team from all using the same credentials to sign into an account, independent of what email is used to create the account.  I do it myself if I am on two different machines at the same time or on one machine, a browser and a mobile device..  Nothing stops multiple people in the same account from creating conflicts either, me included.

If you forward emails to EN the email address typically appears in the Author field, which is searchable and displayable in a List view.  So if everyone forwards to the Email notes to: email address there should be a way to isolate from whom.  With discipline a team could use the @notebook and #tag features when sending emails to EN to control the process.

IAC, this seems to resemble a bunch of cooks and a stew so I'm wondering what I am missing?

I know this is an older post but has there been any work arounds for having multiple emails?  I use evernote with my personal email but also have a gsuite account for work that i'd like to connect with drive.  if i'm able to connect both accounts that would be helpful but for now I've disconnected my personal gmail leaving that as the email login and connected my work email to drive so that I can attach files but i'm concerned that if i want to attach a file from my personal drive account i'm unable to =\

• Level 5*
On 14/09/2017 at 9:05 PM, sant0s said:

I know this is an older post but has there been any work arounds for having multiple emails?  I use evernote with my personal email but also have a gsuite account for work that i'd like to connect with drive.  if i'm able to connect both accounts that would be helpful but for now I've disconnected my personal gmail leaving that as the email login and connected my work email to drive so that I can attach files but i'm concerned that if i want to attach a file from my personal drive account i'm unable to =\

Hi.  Any software company will schedule maintenance and feature releases for months ahead,  so the few months since the last post here are just a drop in the IT ocean - there have been  no new features and no breakout ideas (AFAIK) that would allow multiple emails.  Don't see that it is a particular issue with your workflow though - if you log in with an email address/ user name and password (and two-factor auth if you have it),  there's nothing to stop you attaching content from any email account to which you happen to have access.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, LSchmidt said:

I'm shocked that in 2020: a) this thread doesn't have a resolution ; and b) for three years no one has had this issue. 

This request has 8 user votes
You're welcome to indicate your support using the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, LSchmidt said:

Is your reply meant to imply "nobody cares"?

Actually, 8 users have indicated they care
My reply was meant to add to this count with more user votes

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, robertlarkin1967 said:

I registered just to say that this thread is why I am not going to be purchasing Evernote. I wonder how many others have looked at Evernote, found this thread, and moved on.

I'd guess not that many out of the universe of EN users.  But that would just be a guess, no science.  Similar to the implications of your interrogative I suppose.