Evernote Moleskin Notebook

I had to do it - just had to try the Moleskin Smart Notebook -- 

After a few pages my question is what is the difference in just taking a pic of another notebook?   I have a regular moleskin notebook and I had taken pics of pages in it into Evernote and so far I haven't seen the difference...

What makes it smart?

Tags must be it - I just tried this morning and used the page frame capture button on the app and it worked on my regular moleskin notebook.  I do say, the quality is a little less than when I do it on the smart notebook, maybe those dotted lines have something to do with it

• Level 5*

Tags must be it - I just tried this morning and used the page frame capture button on the app and it worked on my regular moleskin notebook.  I do say, the quality is a little less than when I do it on the smart notebook, maybe those dotted lines have something to do with it

Hi. Yep, the dotted lines are part of it. See the Moleskine site for more.

http://www.moleskineus.com/pmoev7603-evernote-large-ruled-smart-notebook.html

Remember, you also get three months of premium with it, so even though the notebook itself is a little pricier than other Moleskine notebooks, in the end, you get a pretty good deal.

Remember, you also get three months of premium with it, so even though the notebook itself is a little pricier than other Moleskine notebooks, in the end, you get a pretty good deal.

Thanks GM.  Yeah, I did the math and it's about $6 for the notebook, maybe $7 once you figure in the Premium membership, which i was doing anyway.  I just wish the notebook was flexible like my regular moleskin versus the hardback cover the smart notebook is.   Can't have everything right..?  lol.

I haven't messed with the tags yet btw -- 

At one time, I followed your posts about how you use Evernote in your own GTD methodology..  How are you using now?

• Level 5*

Thanks GM.  Yeah, I did the math and it's about $6 for the notebook, maybe $7 once you figure in the Premium membership, which i was doing anyway.  I just wish the notebook was flexible like my regular moleskin versus the hardback cover the smart notebook is.   Can't have everything right..?  lol.

At one time, I followed your posts about how you use Evernote in your own GTD methodology..  How are you using now?

I completely agree with you on the lack of options with the notebook. I love how it looks and feels, but I hope this isn't the end of innovation, because it is too big for some people, to bulky for others, etc. 

My GTD methodology has changed a bit over time, but the basic principles are all working out surprisingly well for me. Thanks for asking. I really ought to update things soon, though! I plan to post a bit more this summer.

I completely agree with you on the lack of options with the notebook. I love how it looks and feels, but I hope this isn't the end of innovation, because it is too big for some people, to bulky for others, etc. 

My GTD methodology has changed a bit over time, but the basic principles are all working out surprisingly well for me. Thanks for asking. I really ought to update things soon, though! I plan to post a bit more this summer.

Where can I find how you did it? 

I used or tried doing the whole Secret Weapon thing and got too cumbersome with all the tags etc..  Would like to review yours again.  It got so bogged down I don't utilize EN like I should.

When I photo the pages some of them turn landscape or upside down - when taking multiple pages together. Does anyone else have this?

I had that too - there is a little icon in the lower right.  Make sure it is in the mode you want it - landscape or other when you are in page camera

• 1 year later...

Hello... I am wondering about the camera feature with this. I use Evernote alot with scene photos, not documents. BUT, wondering if there is some feature I am not aware of w/ Evernote camera. I see Post it Note camera, Document Camera and Camera. Any help, links to help really appreciated.

Hello... I am wondering about the camera feature with this. I use Evernote alot with scene photos, not documents. BUT, wondering if there is some feature I am not aware of w/ Evernote camera. I see Post it Note camera, Document Camera and Camera. Any help, links to help really appreciated.

For documents, especially the moleskine notebook, you'd use the Document Camera.

Archived