please fix this ASAP for the Mac application too (latest built 5.07). The shift and command do the same thing ie select individual tags but does not allow you to select a range of tags say for example under a nested tag list.

Edited by jefito
Moderator: split from Windows-specific topic
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add my vote to this. On a related note, can one search for all notes that have tag:home OR tag:work ? Can such a search be saved as a shortcut? I can't seem to make this happen on Mac OSX 10.7.5

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

There is no error, it just doesn't multi-select. I am using Evernote for Mac, but with a windows keyboard - so initially I thought it may be something to do with that, but I can CTRL select files on other applications, so it seems to be an Evernote thing.

Not only does it not multi-select, but when I click on a tag, the correct notes display on the right, however there is no indication of which tag has been selected. ie. the tag in the list on the side menu does not stay highlighted once selected - I can't see anyone else's screen to see if this is just an error on my machine or how Evernote for mac works.

• Like 1

Not only does it not multi-select, but when I click on a tag, the correct notes display on the right, however there is no indication of which tag has been selected. ie. the tag in the list on the side menu does not stay highlighted once selected - I can't see anyone else's screen to see if this is just an error on my machine or how Evernote for mac works.

No, antpugh, it's not just you. 

I've been making the quite logical request for selected tag highlighting to be restored ever since EN 5 appeared in all its post-modern glory ... and no one is listening.

I cant see how to attach an image on here?? I've added it to Dropbox - maybe you can see it there? https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvueoei4yr7afqk/Screen%20Shot%202013-07-09%20at%2022.57.00.png

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-09%20at%2022.57.

I can click one tag, and it brings up the correct notes. In this shot I have clicked on the COurse Bundles prj tag .

However, what I cannot do is:

1) Select 2 tags at the same time

2) See which tag I have clicked on once I have clicked on it (as you can see in this screenshot the tag is not highlighted)

antpugh and trumpetg, please see the attached screenshot on how to find the tags you cmd-clicked and multi-selected. The notes that show up will filter according to your tags you selected. However, if you select two tags like "fruits" and "delicious" with no notes that overlap -- no notes that are tagged BOTH "fruits" and "delicious" -- then no notes will show.

Does that help?

post-119570-0-45832200-1373412750_thumb.

I understand too - thanks for the response.

Although I think that to have to click on something to see which tags I'\ve selected is an unnecessary extra step. Maybe we could put in a feature request to have these tags visible once slected? Or an otpion to show the tags selected?

• Like 1

Whilst we're on the subject, another issue that I am having with this newest version is with the Saved Searches in my shortcuts.

If I click on a Saved Search in the shortcuts sidebar, the notes appear fine. Butf I then click directly onto a different Saved Search, Evernote does not display any notes.

However, if I hit the Mac+R key (the reset search shortcut) after having clicked on a Saved Search, and then click on another Saved Search, it seems to work ok.

Any one else experiencing this too?

• 6 months later...

Am I misunderstanding how this should work? If I select two tags in the sidebar, I want to see all the notes that have either tag. That is, if I have tag Red and tag Blue and I want to see all my notes that are tagged Red and/or Blue, multi-select in the sidebar won't do it. It will only select those that are Red and Blue ==> null set  This is counter-intuitive to me.

Is searching the only way to do this?

• Level 5*

Am I misunderstanding how this should work? If I select two tags in the sidebar, I want to see all the notes that have either tag. That is, if I have tag Red and tag Blue and I want to see all my notes that are tagged Red and/or Blue, multi-select in the sidebar won't do it. It will only select those that are Red and Blue ==> null set  This is counter-intuitive to me.

Is searching the only way to do this?

Default search in Evernote is an AND search. AND searches tend to narrow down the result set, and that's probably why: so you can more easily focus in on the notes you're looking for. Tags are really useful in combinations; but if you set up your tags to partition a set of notes (e.g. using a color), then you'll need to explicitly use an OR search to get an either/or result. In the Windows client, you can switch to an OR search on the search explanation panel, but I don't know if there's a similar facility in the Mac client.
  • 11 months later...
  • Level 5*

@Jackolicious:  This is STILL an issue in EN Mac 6.0.3:

• Clicking on a Tag in the Left Panel does create Tag filter for that Tag, BUT, the Tag is NOT highlighted in the Left Panel
  • CMD-click on another Tag also does NOT highlight the tag
  • There is NO indication that the Notes have been filtered.  At the top of the Note list, it says "All Notes", and there is NOT a Note count of the resulting Notes like there is when you do a Search in the Search box.

Glad this got bumped. Multiselecting tags in the sidebar is possible with cmd-click and selecting ranges in the Tags view is now possible with Shift-click/Shift-arrows. 

There is no error, it just doesn't multi-select. I am using Evernote for Mac, but with a windows keyboard - so initially I thought it may be something to do with that, but I can CTRL select files on other applications, so it seems to be an Evernote thing.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

In addition it does not highlight the notebook, so if I want to choose a notebook then filter by tags, it is still highlight the "Notes" on the left navigation panel (see attached)

though the list itself is filtered.

I would suggest both highlighting the notebook + tags and altering the search box on the top.

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 12.51.33.png

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 3/5/2017 at 4:12 AM, Monne said:

Filtering on multiple tags and also notebooks and tags simultaneously is a key element of setting up my GTD system on Evernote. Anyone aware of progress on this?  

No changes I'm aware of, but my saved searches contain multiple tag arguments.

I'm not a big  notebook user, but the search can also contain a notenook or stack argument

For example:   notebook:xxxx tag:yyyy tag:zzzz -tag:aaaaa

• 3 years later...

Bump: multiple selected tags are still not highlighted in the left panel in the MacOS version

On 1/31/2015 at 12:16 AM, JMichaelTX said:

@Jackolicious:  This is STILL an issue in EN Mac 6.0.3:

• Clicking on a Tag in the Left Panel does create Tag filter for that Tag, BUT, the Tag is NOT highlighted in the Left Panel
  • CMD-click on another Tag also does NOT highlight the tag
  • There is NO indication that the Notes have been filtered.  At the top of the Note list, it says "All Notes", and there is NOT a Note count of the resulting Notes like there is when you do a Search in the Search box.