(Archived) Can't access the "manage permission" screen anymore

Hi,

I got EN Version 5.0.7 (400995) running on Mac OS 10.6.8

I'm the admin of the Business account.

I've created multiple business notebooks, shared them in the business library, joined them.

But at one point I had to "leave the notebooks", since then I cant drag and drop files in these notebooks anymore. If I create a new note manually I can't select the business notebook that I want as it's grayed out.

I've tried to log-in and log out. I've double checked, I'm still the admin of the account. Notebooks that I haven't un-joined still work ok, it's just the ones that  I had to leave and then re-join who have a problem.

Here is what I'm trying to solve:

• how to be able to display the "manage permission" screen (which appears when you click on the top right hand corner of the business notebook"
  • how to be able to drag and drop files in a specific business notebook that I've created

Thanks

Hi there,

When you published the notebook to the librar did you set the permissions level to read only by any chance? When you leave a notebook, even if you created it, when you rejoin it it treats you as if you've joined the notebook for the first time. So if the notebook was read only, and you left, when you rejoined you would have read only access. This would mean that you couldn't add notes, via drag and drop or moving. You can change your permissions on this notebook from the admin console. You can access the Admin Console via one of the following ways:

-Click help in the menu bar of one of our desktop apps
-Login to Evernote.com, click your username, and then click admin console.

Click on the manage notebooks tab, then click on the notebook, then click share, and then change the permissions level. Let us know if that doesn't work. 

Apologies if I'm belaboring the point, but did you attempt to click share notebook from the admin console or from your desktop client? 

If I understand you, you have accessed the admin console, clicked the manage notebooks tab, clicked on the notebook name, and at that point, there is no share notebook button? 

I was trying it from the desktop client and not the admin console.

It works now, thanks a lot for your support.

I hope these kind of issues will disappear in the future as it can be a serious headache

Thanks again Brickey!

Archived