(Archived) Inability to Share my Notes is an EN Bummer.

Inability to share MY notes, content AS IS (as one can on Amazing Notes, GNotes, YQ, and most others) etc,  is a huge downside of this app. (android).

What I'm forced to do is share a LINK to my notes, then have the notes received with Evernote graphics/branding. 

I CAN'T do it professionally, because its in an unacceptable, unprofessional format. So I don't (collaboration aside). And don't like it in unprofessional arenas either. 

As I described.

Not talking about office documents, much of what I'd like to send is simply in email form. It often will have an attachment or image etc, and I want the contents to appear to the receiver exactly as is in the note (as is with most full featured note apps). Not a link, not to a note with Evernote graphics. 

That's Evernote changing my note.

• Level 5*

As I described.

Not talking about office documents, much of what I'd like to send is simply in email form. It often will have an attachment or image etc, and I want the contents to appear to the receiver exactly as is in the note (as is with most full featured note apps). Not a link, not to a note with Evernote graphics.

That's Evernote changing my note.

I'm confused. I can email my notes just fine to other people. The only branding I see on my notes is two words at the top: "From Evernote". I suppose I could see why you might be resistant to having these two words, but it makes sense that it would be there, and links I send from Dropbox or other apps typically carry this kind of minor branding. Is it the two words that bothers you? I see no Evernote graphics.

The link to large attachments makes perfect sense, because your note can hold up to 100MB of data, and email clients (usually) can only send a few MB at a time. In my experience, regular sized attachments (screenshots or photos) appear in the recipient's email just as they do in my note. I suppose a large attachment probably opens on the web, and I think the Evernote branding is a bit heavy there, but not enough that it seems unprofessional (in my opinion).

You said there is a "full featured" note app that does this better, but could you tell us which one? I am afraid I haven't used one that does this better, and it might just be that I am unclear about what you are looking to see.

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm talking about the share function predominantly.

Yes, I know the 'emailing' from Evernote has the 'from Evernote' at the top, which for me also is Evernote changing my note which I really object to also...so use other options unfortunately. I MIGHT, be able to live with it if it was at the bottom...but still am not going to send it in a business setting.

What I'm really talking about is the sharing function, sharing to other apps that I use notes for various work and personal reasons.

The example is an Evernote note with an image a paragraph and a pdf. It is received by all other apps as just an evernote link.

I replicated the same note in a few other apps and used the share function and it is received by other apps exactly as it is in the original.

(Can't provide the other screenshot as they're too large).

post-52620-0-58287700-1368206469_thumb.p

• Level 5*

...but I'm still unclear - what would you prefer Evernote allow you to do?  To me it looks like you want the Evernote Android app to send a copy of a web page instead of the green 'branding' and the URL.  If that's your main concern,  why not just email the link around and copy the email to your Evernote account address?  Several stones with one bird.  As they say.

A massive miscommunication:-)

want to send a note as is without the 'From Evernote', yes there are workarounds, but would rather email the note from Evernote without "from Evernote" on it... Cause it's Not from Evernote. That's it.Period.

But the major point in last note is about sharing..not emailing..sharing....app to app sharing...

Evernote shares links (example provided)...I need the actual content to be shared...not the link...as is done with a good number of apps...when sharing to and from the android share app list. 

• Level 5*

A massive miscommunication:-)

want to send a note as is without the 'From Evernote', yes there are workarounds, but would rather email the note from Evernote without "from Evernote" on it... Cause it's Not from Evernote. That's it.Period.

But the major point in last note is about sharing..not emailing..sharing....app to app sharing...

Evernote shares links (example provided)...I need the actual content to be shared...not the link...as is done with a good number of apps...when sharing to and from the android share app list. 

With the email, I think a nice compromise would be for Evernote to put the branding at the bottom. It actually IS from Evernote (here we disagree), because they are storing your notes, and they are even using their service to email it from your account to someone else, so I think it is fair for them to include a little branding (Dropbox and others will do the same thing).

With the sharing of notes, I think it is fine myself, and the branding is not too bad (here we disagree). I get where you are coming from, but I'm happy to see Evernote advertise a bit like this, because I want people to sign up for the service and keep it going (this is totally self-serving, because I want the company to be here so I can take notes). They are hosting the page, after all, and Dropbox (for example) does the same thing. These days, I think it is perfectly acceptable in the business world to have Google, Evernote, or some other branding somewhere on the page. People are used to the cloud and they know that this comes with the territory. If you want to avoid this, then you have to pay for hosting services and websites out of your own pocket (in my opinion). 

What I don't understand (because I am not as tech savvy as I ought to be) is what you mean with the shared link. I think you want to see the app interact with other apps on Android just as something like (for example) a handwriting app and a PDF viewer app do. Because they store files locally and share them from the Android filing system, they can do this, but Evernote works from the cloud, and generally requires a developer to use its API if they want to interact with Evernote in a more integrated way. Maybe I am wrong about all of this, but to get what you want (seamless sharing of Evernote content with any other app) you are basically (again, to my mind) asking Evernote to radically alter its structure, and (in a sense) cut their servers out of the process (presumably, by storing the data on your phone in an html file or something). It's great to ask for it, but  I don't see this as very likely to happen. I could be wrong. 

The best solution will probably be to use one of the many apps in the Evernote Trunk to access your notes from outside of Evernote, and share these with other apps. 

Catch, GNotes, Amazing Note, Keep etc (want 5 more?) cloud notes all, share note content (text, images, document) with other apps AS IS displaying their original form,  with a ('notes from Catch' at the very bottom which is easily deletable)....and these are FREE apps. They PRESERVE the integrity of my content.

Im a long time premium member and still have to have my note content compromised by Evernote branding or worse, links forcing one to go to Evernote to recieve the content....in Evernote 'form' of course.

It's really not a good practice at all....they in effect say we are part owners of your content, and are going to dress it up to sell Evernote , or put it in evernote link form.

That's obviously distasteful to me.

It's only 'acceptable' to others because users don't know any different and premium users should.

Am I going to move on? ....I've had to already...because they've brushed the issue off when I've addressed it.

Premium membership ends in July.

• Level 5*

It's only 'acceptable' to others because users don't know any different and premium users should.

Am I going to move on? ....I've had to already...because they've brushed the issue off when I've addressed it.

Premium membership ends in July.

Hi. Thanks for posting your feedback about this. Sorry to hear that the current system isn't working out for you. I know the developers and staff read this forum, so they have probably seen this post, but I encourage you to file a support ticket as well in order to make sure your message gets to the right people.

I am surprised to hear that they've brushed off the issue, though. I've disagreed with staff about various points, but I've never had them brush me off, and I haven't seen them brush off other people either. Could you tell us what they said?

Archived