(Archived) My Note Disappeared

I was keeping a list of Authors and book titles that I had read. I am synced on an iPhone and iMac. On the iPhone when updating the list it suddenly disappeared and I searched the trash, and tried to recall the list to no avail. This represents all books I have read for quite some time now and is really inconvenient to say the least. Is there any way to recover this data. Unfortunately I went onto my mac to try and see if the old list was still there, but before I could do anything the system synced and now it is gone?? Frustrated ??

I was keeping a list of Authors and book titles that I had read. I am synced on an iPhone and iMac. On the iPhone when updating the list it suddenly disappeared and I searched the trash, and tried to recall the list to no avail. This represents all books I have read for quite some time now and is really inconvenient to say the least. Is there any way to recover this data. Unfortunately I went onto my mac to try and see if the old list was still there, but before I could do anything the system synced and now it is gone?? Frustrated ??

Do you have a recent backup of your database on your Mac?

If the note is still there but the data is gone & you have a premium acount, you could check the note history.

• Level 5

Go to the Web version and sign in to your account. See what you find there. You might be lucky and your notes are in the trash.

I dont know what happened, but since posting this request and sending a plea for help on the support link, the Authors note re-appeared on my iPhone and although it is not the latest one, it is pretty good to have most of them back. So whatever gremlin helped, thank you very much. I have now made a back up on notes, until I find out what I did wrong and how to rectify it. This worries me a bit, but at the same time it is good to see that not all was lost. Thanks to the guys who made suggestions.

BurgersNfries: I am not sure how to make the back up of the data base on the Mac?

Wern, thanks but I had tried that and they were nowhere to be found, but magically have re-appeared.

Evernoting on!!

Archived