(Archived) Evernote Touch 2.0.0 Beta 2

dlu

Hello Folks!

We took our 1.1.3 build and decided to add upon it. It will become our 2.0 build with the hub page and some other goodies. In this build we've added notebooks sharing. We're also showing notes from shared notebooks and business notebooks. We have some improved stability, but if you see any issues do let us know. We've been trying to improve stability through a variety of fixes.

We have instructions to install the beta and the link to download 2.0.0 Beta 2
If you have Windows 8 Pro, please use the file that ends in Win32.zip.  If you're using Windows RT on an ARM device, please use the file ending in ARM.zip.

thanks!

It crashed a couple times while initially synchronizing, making me question the "enhanced stability" and I couldn't find a way to send the crash details. Unlike in the past, where it would crash at the same spot every time it did eventually complete the sync and seems to be running well. I've since closed and re-opened the app several times and have yet to get the black screen/crash, so that is definitely a stability improvement!

A request I'm carrying over from 1.1.3 -- I really don't want 1/4 of my start screen dedicated to advertising a premium subscription I already have. 

I'm not able to view notes from Skitch in the touch app -- the "image" appears broken. After opening a skitch note, the note thumbnail shows the correct image though.

Thx for the feedback. You can go to Settings >> Account Info and uncheck "Show Evernote Premium on the Hub Page if you want to get rid of the Premium tile

I found the settings for premium display and sending logs right up until it crashed.  I can't send the logs or see any of the other app settings via the settings charm.  My settings charm is only displaying: Permissions and Rate/Review.

Running on Surface RT

Evernote 4759 notes, 69 notebooks and 120 tags

Touch 93 notes, 69 notebooks, and 120 tags

Hello,

I just installed the 2.0.0.6 Beta on my Surface RT (32GB) and now it works much better then before.

It downloads the notebooks and all the notes that I created in Evernote on my Mac.

And I can create notes which I can edit on my Mac as well.

But I have the same issue with the settings as Jeff: I only have permissions and rate/review in my settings charm.

Any ideas on that?

Christian

Hello,

I just installed the 2.0.0.6 Beta on my Surface RT (32GB) and now it works much better then before.

It downloads the notebooks and all the notes that I created in Evernote on my Mac.

But I have the same issue with the settings as Jeff: I only have permissions and rate/review in my settings charm.

Any ideas on that?

Christian

Are you logged into an account?

Hello,

Any ideas on that?

Christian

Are you logged into an account?

Yes I am.

Hi, I tried the new beta, it looks good but a few issues

Right now I have 1926 notes, before the beta Evernote Touch was crashing at 18% sync, now I get to 48% or 742 notes (can't seem to get beyond that)

Also, the Account Info has gone missing from the Charms Bar as others have noted

I am signed into my account, and actually because of the missing Account Info in Charms no way to sign out.

Bill

I had that same problem with the missing charms bar options (Windows RT). So I uninstalled, then re-installed, and they all appeared. 

Then I ran the sync, and it crashed. After that, no charms again. Honestly, I've never gotten Evernote to sync reliably on my RT tablet, which is pretty bad because if it syncs while editing a note, any work to that point goes bye-bye.

Hi, I'm getting an error about the certificate and can't use the beta anymore. How do I update the developer's license or the cert?

Just run the app installation again ( Right click Add-AppDevPackage, open in powershell) -- it'll check your certificate and get you straightened out.

Thus far, the "Touch" version of Evernote hasn't been particularly stable so I just always leave the latest version of the beta installer on my computer for easy access to reinstall.

After uninstalling the app and attempting to clean install beta 2, I'm having the same problem.

"Error: The developer certificate has expired. One possible cause is the system clock isn't set to the correct date and time. If the system settings are correct, contact the package owner to re-create a package with a valid certificate."

Archived