(Archived) Imported PDF and indexing capability

.jake

Hello all, new EN user here.  I played around with EN for a few days and figured out how to use it for my needs.  It took some time.  I was a free user and because of my plans I paid for the premium account. So all good there.  I'm scanning to a watched folder in hopes of getting the stacks on the desk reduced and I started thinking about the long term use which, after the initial upload, I believe the free account would suffice for my needs.  In that case, if I'm scanning in PDF format, which is indexed as a premium user, what happens should I fall back to free?  Would I lose the indexed PDF's already indexed by doing this (meaning the indexing is removed, not the note)?

Might be a dumb question, but before I scan my files I want to know what I'm in for.  If I do lose the index then I suppose PNG or JPG would be better on space.  Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  As a free user you'd revert back to the lower limits of size for notes,   uploads and such;  but what's in Evernote stays there - you wouldn't lose it,  or lose access to it.  (Except if you had any notes that exceed the free account maximum size you wouldn't be able to edit them...)

Archived