(Archived) MacOS-10.8.2 : location of local notebooks ?

beate

Idea

Dear all

I installed Evernote on a new Mac Mini running with OS10.8.2.

First surprise: I had to install it via the Appstore

Now, I would like to backup my notes regularly using an inhouse application (not TimeMachine). For security reasons (related to my employer), I only use local notebooks. Therefore, I need the path to the directory where the local copies are stored. Under 10.5 and something, this was under ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/com.evernote.Evernote/ - but I have been so far unable to identify it on my new Mac. Any idea ????

Thanks a lot

Beate

2 replies to this idea

Dear all

Here is the Path on my MacOS10.8.2:

Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote

Maybe some Evernote guru can confirm that this IS the location where local notebooks are stored - it seems OK to me.

Hope that may be useful to other people as well

Beate

• Level 5*

Dear all

Here is the Path on my MacOS10.8.2:

Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote

Maybe some Evernote guru can confirm that this IS the location where local notebooks are stored - it seems OK to me.

Hope that may be useful to other people as well

Beate

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I'm no guru, but that looks OK to me. More importantly, you don't have to install from the appstore, and if you use the direct download from Evernote, there are certain advantages / benefits. Basically, you are sure to have all of the features available to you going forward. I'd recommend installing the direct download.

Here are directions on how to do that as well as the locations of your data depending on what you have installed, and what kind of machine you are running (Fusion drive folks on iMacs apparently have a different location).

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494

Archived