(Archived) Spelling/Language settings for note text

atomtenger

Idea

I'm quite often writing my translations from one language to the other by pasting the source text into a note and overwriting it with the translated version.

My OSX is English and when I type my other language text in Evernote the words get automatically corrected into words in English what doesn't really help when I'm translating from English into another language.

It is really not helping when my more or less correct spelling is ruined by a foreign language spellchecking that cannot be turned off or set to the proper language.

I don't know if there is a setting I don't find or it is a feature request but it would be great to be able to set what language a note uses - thus use correction suggestions for that language. Or at least to be able to turn off spellig correction for that post not to mess up with my work.

5 replies to this idea

I'm quite often writing my translations from one language to the other by pasting the source text into a note and overwriting it with the translated version.

My OSX is English and when I type my other language text in Evernote the words get automatically corrected into words in English what doesn't really help when I'm translating from English into another language.

It is really not helping when my more or less correct spelling is ruined by a foreign language spellchecking that cannot be turned off or set to the proper language.

I don't know if there is a setting I don't find or it is a feature request but it would be great to be able to set what language a note uses - thus use correction suggestions for that language. Or at least to be able to turn off spellig correction for that post not to mess up with my work.

I am a Windows user and I also deal with several languages, so I find this suggestion useful for other platforms too.

Archived