(Archived) Fresh Install of Evernote

JoshJ1

Idea

Hey guys,

Haven't used Evernote in a while. My hotmail got hacked into ages ago and now I cant get into my account.

I have created a new EN account. I want to install a totally fresh version of the app on my mac (with non of my old notes visible)

How do I do this without loosing any of my old notes?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - if you've created a brand new account,  you won't see any of your old notes.  They're still locked into your original account.  But you won't have access unless you get the password reset on that account.  It would seem better to revive the old account than start out afresh...

If you check out the instructions you'll find the the forums for backing up an account,  you can save your old folders as a safety measure.

Then try a password reset via the website,  and/ or contact support on the link below.

Hi - if you've created a brand new account,  you won't see any of your old notes.  They're still locked into your original account.  But you won't have access unless you get the password reset on that account.  It would seem better to revive the old account than start out afresh...

If you check out the instructions you'll find the the forums for backing up an account,  you can save your old folders as a safety measure.

Then try a password reset via the website,  and/ or contact support on the link below.

Hi,

When I try to set up the new account with EN mac app, it warns me that all my old info will be deleted. I dont have the secret answer to either my hotmail or EN accounts, therefore I seem stuck..

Archived