(Archived) Suggestion: tag display according to notebook

Hi there, have been using Evernote for a couple of weeks now and I really like it.

1. There is however one thing that is bothering mee: I have one Evernote Premium account with which I handle work and private notebooks. Therefore it would be very useful to have the tags showing up only for the selected notebook.

E.g. You have a workbook for private use with tags A, B, C and a workbook for work use with tags 1, 2, 3.

When you select the private workbook, only tags A, B and C would show up and when work is selected only 1,2,3 (making the list a lot more usefull). Now when you select all notebooks, you still can show all tags...

2. Also: are there plans to build the thumbnail view for the Windows client too? It is on the web, on the mac client and on the windows mobile, but it would be nice to have it in the windows client too.

3. Do you have a Dutch translator?

Thanks for the feedback.

1) You could organize your tags into a parallel structure by making a top-level tag (e.g. "work") that contains all of your work-only tags. Then, you can hide them by closing the top-level tag whenever you don't need to see them.

2) Yes, but I don't have an announced date for this feature.

3) We're currently working to improve the Internationalization support across all of our product lines, and plan to have our first non-English launch in a few months. Later this year, we'll be ready to broaden this to localize for more languages, we hope.

1) You could organize your tags into a parallel structure by making a top-level tag (e.g. "work") that contains all of your work-only tags. Then, you can hide them by closing the top-level tag whenever you don't need to see them.

That doesn't work for me because you are not allowed to create duplicate tag names and I have overlapping tags between 'work' and 'personal', such as "notes" and "emails" etc. I need real per notebook tag 'domains'. And when searching all tags merge them together in an intelligent way. It is the one thing that is holding me back from using notebooks. As things are today the only way I can see to achieve this level of separation between work and home is to have two separate evernote accounts.

Archived