(Archived) Features Request: Favorite Note (Top Priority Note) and Saved Search (Perspective)

Hi folks,

I have been using Evernote for almost 2 years now and I have to give a praise to this wonderful app.

However, improvement in the app will definitely make it more effective and efficient.

So I wrote this topic because I wish EN team would add this two critical functions:

1. Favorite Notes - Top Priority Note

This is function will enable people to favorite their notes, just like in iOS devices.

I found this function to be very powerful when you have 1000+ notes and you really want to find your favorite ones.

As for my work flow I keep tons of reference. Some are rarely used. Some are occasionally used. Some are often used.

When you favorite the notes, you can easily see that they are top items in each notebook. it's nice to see what's important in each notebook.

2. Saved Search - Perspective

EN has a very powerful search function. However, repetitive manual search is quite annoying.

If you know how perspectives in Omnifocus works. This what I'm asking for.

I want specific searches can be saved and easily accessed.

For example,

When I search tags: "Active Projects", contents "unfinished to-do items", I would be able to save this search as I search this quite often.

Then there should be a shortcut to access to this saved search, aka perspective.

So IMO, these additions would be a great force to help increase productivity with EN.

Hoping EN team hear my words and continually improve this wonderful app.

Thanks,

Wynxz

• Level 5*

Hi folks,

I have been using Evernote for almost 2 years now and I have to give a praise to this wonderful app.

However, improvement in the app will definitely make it more effective and efficient.

So I wrote this topic because I wish EN team would add this two critical functions:

1. Favorite Notes - Top Priority Note

This is function will enable people to favorite their notes, just like in iOS devices.

I found this function to be very powerful when you have 1000+ notes and you really want to find your favorite ones.

As for my work flow I keep tons of reference. Some are rarely used. Some are occasionally used. Some are often used.

When you favorite the notes, you can easily see that they are top items in each notebook. it's nice to see what's important in each notebook.

2. Saved Search - Perspective

EN has a very powerful search function. However, repetitive manual search is quite annoying.

If you know how perspectives in Omnifocus works. This what I'm asking for.

I want specific searches can be saved and easily accessed.

For example,

When I search tags: "Active Projects", contents "unfinished to-do items", I would be able to save this search as I search this quite often.

Then there should be a shortcut to access to this saved search, aka perspective.

So IMO, these additions would be a great force to help increase productivity with EN.

Hoping EN team hear my words and continually improve this wonderful app.

Thanks,

Wynxz

Hi. Welcome to the forums. 

Regarding the saved search function, it already exists, and it can be placed into your shortcuts (http://www.jamierubin.net/2013/01/23/evernote-tip-shortcut-to-saved-searches-in-evernote-for-mac/).

Archived