(Archived) Is there something like Evernote for My Documents and other libraries on my computer

Is there something (software) that would act like Evernote and would help me get My Documents and libraries on my Windows 7 computer under control?  I have tons of unorganized information on my computer at present.  It is very unorganized.  It is too large to upload to Evernote.

There must be a good program that would help me organize this, like Evernote does with tags, searching, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Sbolton

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Why would you say It is too big for Evernote?

Take a look around, I have over 11,000 docs in Evernote, others up to 50,000.

Regards

Chris

Is there something (software) that would act like Evernote and would help me get My Documents and libraries on my Windows 7 computer under control?  I have tons of unorganized information on my computer at present.  It is very unorganized.  It is too large to upload to Evernote.

There must be a good program that would help me organize this, like Evernote does with tags, searching, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Sbolton

When I want to organize files that are too big for Evernote, I put a description of the file in Evernote along with a link (either a real link or maybe just a screen cap of the file location/file name from Explorer) to the file location. I have a lot of home video clips that I do this with & so I tag them as video clips as well.

I just started using Evernote in earnest and maybe I wasn't aware that it would hold that much info.  I probably could put all of my documents on it and leave videos off.

With the premium account does the account grow each month or is the cut off 1 GB total?

Is there a good method of learning to use it?

Thanks

Sbolton

• Level 5*

If you stop being a premium subscriber, you still get to keep all of the notes that you have saved from before, but your monthly upload allowance goes back down to the free subscriber level, and you lose the other premium benefits.

If you stop being a premium subscriber, you still get to keep all of the notes that you have saved from before, but your monthly upload allowance goes back down to the free subscriber level, and you lose the other premium benefits.

And...if you have a note that exceeds the note size of the free account (I forget what it is - 60 mb maybe???), then you cannot edit that note.  IE, if you have a note that is 80 mb & then you revert to free (where the note size is less than 80 mb), you will not be able to edit that note.

Archived