(Archived) How to edit a web-clip outside the page make-up?

frans

How to edit a web-clip outside the page make-up?

People I have a rather simple problem the solution of which keeps eluding me. The use case is: I clip a web-page or a selection of a webpage. Usually the latter. I want to keep the layout. Then when the clip is in Evernote I want to be able to add a text of my own at the bottom, or the top, depending on the purpose of the notes. I want to make this note outside the make-up of the clipped web-page in plain text. This is not possible for me. Whatever I do, wherever I put my cursor, I'm always inside the markup layout of the webclip.

But if I add a small remark when clipping. You see the text, a horizontal line and then the clip. How can I do this my self? The only way seems to create a PDF. Then add the PDF to Evernote etc, etc. This is to much work, a kludge so to say. 

What I seem to be missing is an insertion point which lies outside the webclip lay-out. Can't you just put a horizontal line at the top and bottom of the webclip always? The start and end of that line would be a nice insertion point and give me the results I want.

Any suggestions welcome. 

You are talking about the web interface right? Because on Linux I don't have an app and wouldn't know.

I've seen this, but only when I use the right-click option, not when I use the web clipper button. There seems to be a difference, even between these two.

When it happens, and I have to go back to edit, I do a quick select all and cut from the note, then hit a couple of enters and paste the content back. That way, there are new paragraphs in the note I can use.

But I know, it's a drag, like many of the web version's quirks. To be honest, I don't even see the point in these web clips; I prefer simple paragraph text.

Adding to this to see if someone is able to provide a more technical explanation and then maybe a good workaround or solution.

Archived