(Archived) Newly created notebooks does not sync

Ehsan

Hi there,

Could you please help me with a problem that I've had over the last few weeks. The newly created notebooks does not sync (Evernote

Windows). When I create a new notebook in Evernote (whether under the main root or a notebook stack), instead of a notebook green icon, a stop-sign shape icon appears next to it. And I can’t access the newly created notebooks or notes within the new notebook anywhere else on other devices. However when I create a new note in an old/existing notebook, I can access and see the new notes on other devices. My usage is also way below the monthly free usage. 

Thanks

• Level 5*

Just to make sure, right-click on the notebook in the Windows client, and select Properties. If the notebook's Type field says "Local Notebook", then the notebook is local to only that installation, and is never synced to the Evernote servers, so will never appear on other devices. This is by design. If you want notebooks that appear on other devices, create them as normal, not local.

Yes, that's correct! in my local evernote software, I can see the notebooks but it's not shown or accessible on other devices or evernote website! 

If the notebook icons are grey instead of green, they are local/non-sync'd.

• Level 5*

Yes, that's correct! in my local evernote software, I can see the notebooks but it's not shown or accessible on other devices or evernote website! 

If the notebook icons are grey instead of green, they are local/non-sync'd.

Yeah, that too.

Thanks Guys, that was correct, becuase the number of notebooks in my evernote account exceeded the limit, all the newly created notebooks were created as local notebook! Thanks for your help! :-)

• 2 months later...

So I'm on evernote, my notes are green. I'm unable to sync to do connection problems

updating server database % stops

this message pops up:  sync failed due to unexpected problem at server side
  • Level 5*

So I'm on evernote, my notes are green. I'm unable to sync to do connection problems

updating server database % stops

this message pops up:  sync failed due to unexpected problem at server side

For problems connecting properly to the Evernote servers, you should open a support request. See the link in my signature.

Archived