(Archived) Importing/exporting local data

Hi,

I have a couple programs I use, and would like to import and export some of the data.

My Android phone is tedious for editing, so I would like to export to my PC (windows) to edit there.

And thus to import back into my android phone.

I have searched slightly on this topic, but most results that seem relevant are related to cloud, which none of my data is on.

So, is there a method available for doing this locally?

Currently Evernot is just on phone.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Your notes should be synced from your Android device to the Evernote servers. From there, they should be synced to your PC, if you have the Windows Evernote client installed. You can import and export data on the PC, and edit notes more easily.

Hi,

I have a couple programs I use, and would like to import and export some of the data.

My Android phone is tedious for editing, so I would like to export to my PC (windows) to edit there.

And thus to import back into my android phone.

I have searched slightly on this topic, but most results that seem relevant are related to cloud, which none of my data is on.

So, is there a method available for doing this locally?

Currently Evernot is just on phone.

Thanks!

Evernote is a cloud app.  If you're using Evernote on your phone & sync'ing, your data is in "the cloud".    If you're using EN on your phone & not sync'ing, I would strongly suggest against that.  I don't know if it's due to user issues or a bug on EN's end, but too many people seemed to have lost data that was only on their phone.  Additionally, EN is not designed for storing data only on your phone...that's one of their strong points - cloud accessible from many platforms.  So as Jeff said, if you've sync'd your phone, your data is in the EN cloud.  Installing the desktop app on your PC & sync'ing to the same account will load those notes to your PC where you can change them & sync.  Then sync your phone & the changes will be on your phone.

Archived