(Archived) Tagging service for notes e-mailed to Evernote

Hello!

I use Evernote for saving relevant e-mails. Often, I use following scenario:

1. I forward an e-mail to my Evernote e-mail address.
  2. During the weekend I assign tag to the note with the e-mail and move it to the correct Evernote folder.
I do it for many e-mails and the effort associated with tagging and moving them to different folders (step 2) is quite high.

Using # and @ texts in the e-mail subject doesn't always work because some of my tags are long (typos are probable).

Is there a service, which allows you to

1. Set up rules like "When the sender of the e-mail is equal to A, then assign to the generated note tags B, C and D and move it to notebok E".
  2. When I send an e-mail to the e-mail address on this service, it
    1. creates a note in my Evernote account with the contents of the e-mail,
    2. adds tags selected in step 1 and
    3. moves the note into the notebook selected in step 1 (for that particular sender)

?

In that way, I will be able to write rules like "Assign the tag 'John Smith' for every mail from john.smith@myprovider.ru".

The benefit is that I can specify the rules once and then archive all my e-mails with correct tags just by forwarding them to this service.

Thanks in advance

Dmitri

• Level 5*

I suggest that you look at the IFTTT and Zapier services to see whether they meet your needs. I use Zapier to turn emails from my employers into tagged notes in a specific notebook.

Archived