(Archived) How do I remove notes from my favorites bar?

BlevensD

I am running 'Evernote 4.6.4.8136. (268644) Public' and I can not remove Notes I have placed on my Favorites bar. No matter where I drag them to, they remain. What am I doing wrong? Any help/info on this would be appreciated.

• Level 5*

This can be a little finicky, but you should be able to drag them straight down onto the note list, or up onto the the toolbar. You'll know it's OK to let up the mouse if the favorite disappears from the favorites bar. If it doesn't, then let go, and try again. It would be a lot easier and more reliable if there were a right-click / Delete menu to do this, I think. 

Tried that and it still would not work. In frustration, I grabbed it and started dragging it all over Evernote, my desktop, all my icons, etc. Finally, I was able to get rid of them by dragging them to the Recycle Bin. Luckily it didn't delete the actual note.  I agree on the right-click option or something, anything else. At the least, update all the Help Info to specify it must be dropped in the trash can, not just off of Evernote.

• Level 5*

Tried that and it still would not work. In frustration, I grabbed it and started dragging it all over Evernote, my desktop, all my icons, etc. Finally, I was able to get rid of them by dragging them to the Recycle Bin. Luckily it didn't delete the actual note.  I agree on the right-click option or something, anything else. At the least, update all the Help Info to specify it must be dropped in the trash can, not just off of Evernote.

Unfortunately, it is not a requirement that a favorite be dropped into the trash can (I'm able to remove favorites without ever having dragged any into the trash can), so that would probably not be a good thing to put into the help info. As I said, it is finicky (and that would indicate a bug, in my book), but it wasn't impossible to just drag it off and have it disappear. Obviously, YMMV...

Archived