(Archived) What was your first note?

Internally, we're having a bit of fun looking at what our first note was.  Since it's been quite a few years and thousands (if not tens of thousands) of notes later, it's been fun to dig back into history by manually switching up the sort by options in your favorite Evernote client to Date Created and Least Recent.

Mine was pretty boring, it was my first identified forum issue.  Ah, the memories.

What was your first note?

I have no clue.  I know I tried the beta back in April 2008 but bagged it in favor of OneNote for the particular use I had at that time.  The earliest exb file I have is from September 2008, which would be version 3.1, IIRC.  And there's no way I can tell from creation date, since I've been migrating old notes from my Palm PDA & setting the creation date to the date of the note.  However, I'm sure my first note was also pretty boring & I probably deleted it anyway.  Had I known how integral EN would eventually become in my life, I would have video recorded the event.  ;-) 

My First note was the complete John Coltrane discography, including his appearances as a side player. This was several years ago but I still use it while I try to collect all of the recordings I can from Coltrane. 

Thank you Evernote for helping me collect and categorize recordings from the greatest sax player ever!

My First note was the complete John Coltrane discography, including his appearances as a side player. This was several years ago but I still use it while I try to collect all of the recordings I can from Coltrane. 

Thank you Evernote for helping me collect and categorize recordings from the greatest sax player ever!

Kewl!!!

• Level 5*

According to my database,  my first note was on 1st June 1980.  I know that's impossible,  but I have a press cutting from that date,  and I've been altering the created dates of notes to the date of the cutting so I can get a timeline going..  sad, but effective.  If only I'd known this question would arise...

• Level 5*
Same here. Note (or Evernote) that you can click on the t-shirt girl and others to get linked to their site (even 5 years later). I hope they paid a lot to get that ad in my Evernote account forever.

Five years later, that cheddar cheese from Wisconsin has one review, and it is a one-star review. That sucks. Whose the cheesehead at Evernote?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EH4HIA?ie=UTF8&tag=e0d7-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000EH4HIA

I started out with the old Evernote (version 1?) and here is the note with the oldest creation date - must have snipped it from the then Evernote web page.

Must say I really didn't get inot using Evernote that much until the later version with the sync'ing between platforms.  For me, that's when it really became useful. 

GC

For some reason, I have no trouble remembering inconsequential things. When I first tried the EN beta (April 2008), I was having trouble keeping my thoughts, emails & web research organized for a project for work. I didn't know what to Google, but I ended up finding EN & OneNote. I work from home (does anyone say 'telecommute' anymore?) And for some reason, I remember we were having the interior of our home painted & I had moved my desktop tower to our tv room, while they painted the side of our home where my office was located. I remember sitting at the desk, in my makeshift office thinking this tape view is just totally bizarre...

I started out with the old Evernote (version 1?) and here is the note with the oldest creation date - must have snipped it from the then Evernote web page.

Must say I really didn't get inot using Evernote that much until the later version with the sync'ing between platforms.  For me, that's when it really became useful. 

GC

That's so cool!  Time capsule of our original logo :)

Aside from the "welcome to Evernote" note, my first note was my efile pin.  I downloaded Evernote just for that, thinking it would be a good way not to lose the pin.  I had no idea at the time my whole life would end up being in Evernote.

Archived