(Archived) Syncing Troubles

BryanHK

I have over 600 notes on the evernote server and these sync without difficulty to my iphone and ipad.  I have recently installed the lastest version of evernote on a windows 7 desktop but only 160 notes sync to this platform.  Pressing the sync button brings up a message that the database is 100% synced.  Help please...

Bryan

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Syncing a new installation can take a little while.  I set up a W7 netbook last year and waited for a week before the database caught up.  (I have a lot of notes...)  It had subsets of the total every time I checked,  and otherwise acted just fine.  Give it a few more days...

Hi Bryan and welcome to the forum,

I think Gazumped has hit the nail on the head with this one. The only other possible explanation that was running through my head as I read your problem is, if you are sharing Notebooks and perhaps have not accepted an email to share any of them?

Best regards

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post--hoping to get some assistance.  I stopped  using Evernote (Free Version) for a while, now want to use it again.  I have reset my password--and My notes from my IMac are syncing to my IPhone....but those I originate from my IPhone are not synching to my IMac.  I could have sworn that this was this apps attraction to me.  Any ideas???

Hi Cheryl and welcome to the forum,

My first guess is that you are using a different password on the phone, so it might be worth logging out then going back in again, whilst at your iMac and using the same email address and password.

The other thing I would check is the 'sync' set up on the phone. If you are looking at your Notes from when you used Evernote in the past and your 'sync' is not working or is set up wrong that may be your answer.

Best regards

Chris

I am having the same issue as BryanHK. My desktop evernote client will only sync 160 notes, and then it says its 100% synced. I've been adding and syncing notes to evernote with my laptop and my laptop evernote client keeps syncing just fine. I can also see all my notes on my android phone, but my desktop evernote client doesn't add any more notes. I don't believe this is a time issue as it's been doing this since last year (I've been coming back from school every few months and trying to sync again).

• Level 5*

I am having the same issue as BryanHK. My desktop evernote client will only sync 160 notes, and then it says its 100% synced. I've been adding and syncing notes to evernote with my laptop and my laptop evernote client keeps syncing just fine. I can also see all my notes on my android phone, but my desktop evernote client doesn't add any more notes. I don't believe this is a time issue as it's been doing this since last year (I've been coming back from school every few months and trying to sync again).

Hi,  welcome to the forums.  If you've had this problem for months,  there's clearly something else going on.  I'd suggest you raise a support ticket,  and while you're waiting for their detailed response;

Search the forums here for how to backup your database.  Exit Evernote completely and backup.  Then use Revo uninstaller (or something equally thorough) to remove any trace of Evernote from your system.  Download a new copy of the client,  install and login.  Wait a few days...

Yes... That is exactly how I cured the problem. You must be careful to remove all trace of the installation Including the data file which is located in win/library/app data/Evernote (something like that). Then reinstall the client and resync. Worked perfectly then.

Bryan

Archived