Feature Request - passcode lock for desktop client?

Hi-

I've got a feature request - can we please have a passcode lock for the Evernote desktop client, like the one on the iOS app? 

I feel safe using Evernote on my iPhone, since I can protect it with a passcode. But if anyone ever takes my laptop or uses my desktop, they'd have access to all of my notes :(

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-Ian

• 3 years later...
Hi,
in my windows desktop computer, when I start Evernote no password is required. Indeed, Evernote remembers the login at startup.
But I wish I had asked for the password each time I start Evernote.
I know that if I sign out from account before I quite Evernote, the next time Evernote requires the password. But I must remember to do it every time.
In the "Options" I don't see any option that set password request at startup.
Any suggest?

Thanks,

Luigi Pirozzi
  • Level 5*

You understand how it currently works.  You can create an enhancement request in the Windows Feedback forum where it can be voted upon by others.  The request for password protection has come up before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I searched the Web to see what the consensus was about Windows password, so far as securing computer, in the event of theft of a computer.  The consensus is that Windows password offers no security at all, beyond keeping an honest person honest.

The more I rely on Evernote as my primary note keeping software, then the less I want to be vulnerable to anyone gaining access to the program on my computer.

Since computers can be stolen, just as a smartphone can be, then it seems obvious to offer the option to password protect the client on my Windows 7 laptop.  Only I would even offer a 7 digit password option and make it secure, so a determined thief could not gain access.  

Thanks!  

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, peacepilgrim said:

I searched the Web to see what the consensus was about Windows password, so far as securing computer, in the event of theft of a computer.  The consensus is that Windows password offers no security at all, beyond keeping an honest person honest.

The more I rely on Evernote as my primary note keeping software, then the less I want to be vulnerable to anyone gaining access to the program on my computer.

Since computers can be stolen, just as a smartphone can be, then it seems obvious to offer the option to password protect the client on my Windows 7 laptop.  Only I would even offer a 7 digit password option and make it secure, so a determined thief could not gain access.  

For myself, I have a password on my device, and a password on the Evernote app.
Do you sign out of Evernote?

• 1 month later...

Make the password for windose, that is, when the opening of the program to windose pop up window for entering the password, it would be very cool, because a lot of important information, do so that you can turn off this feature, yet it would be cool if, for example, I rolled the window to setup program and then reopened the requested password, that is, when a window is minimized, too, let asks for a password!

Archived