(Archived) Feature Request

Can we get the ability to lock notes for editing?  

I keep source code in my Evernote as well as my product keys and I've accidentally erased them out of the note on more than one occasion.  It would be nice if we could "lock" the note for read/write so you can't edit the notes contents, however still having it available.  

Just a thought.

• Level 5*

Can we get the ability to lock notes for editing?

I keep source code in my Evernote as well as my product keys and I've accidentally erased them out of the note on more than one occasion. It would be nice if we could "lock" the note for read/write so you can't edit the notes contents, however still having it available.

Just a thought.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. This is something that has come up before on the forums, though I haven't seen any hints that it is being developed. Frankly, even though I'd like it, I doubt it is something with mass appeal.

One solution I have used is to have two accounts. Share a notebook from your secondary account with your primary one. Make notes in your primary account, but when you are done and want to "lock" them, you can just mail the note into your secondary account. This will give you the original editble one, and a "locked" one (unable to modify without permission) .

Archived