(Archived) 90% of tags gone

Evernote preferences set to manually synch, but I noticed the program was doing a synching activity on its own.

During this synching I noticed 90% of my tags had disappeared. The 10% of tags Evernote kept are random (There is nothing in common among the tags remaining)

I could import an old backup but then I will have 3000 duplicate notes.

• Level 5*

Evernote preferences set to manually synch, but I noticed the program was doing a synching activity on its own.

During this synching I noticed 90% of my tags had disappeared. The 10% of tags Evernote kept are random (There is nothing in common among the tags remaining)

I could import an old backup but then I will have 3000 duplicate notes.

Hi Lily. Welcome to the forums.

This sounds awful. Sorry to hear about it. Someone else using the Mac client mentioned a random re-ordering of tags. Perhaps it is related. Perhaps not. Could you tell us what client(s) you are using? Also, I definitely recommend contacting support (see the link in my signature). 

• Level 5*

Thanks. I will contact support.

It is Mac client Version 3.1.2 (255119)

Hi Lily. Did you check out your account on the Web? Are you missing tags there as well?

You are using a pretty old version of the application. I'd also recommend upgrading. If you do that, there are instructions here for getting onto the direct download version (http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494).

Archived