(Archived) Which activities go against your monthly limit?

I'm trying to maximize what I can get out of Evernote and have a few questions regarding the transfer limit (60 MB for a free account).

If someone views a shared note on the web, does that go against my transfer limit?

If I edit accounts while logged into EN Web, does that go against my limit or is the limit only for the EN Clients' transfers?

• Level 5*

I'm trying to maximize what I can get out of Evernote and have a few questions regarding the transfer limit (60 MB for a free account).

If someone views a shared note on the web, does that go against my transfer limit?

If I edit accounts while logged into EN Web, does that go against my limit or is the limit only for the EN Clients' transfers?

Hi. If you share a note, there is no effect. If you view a shared note, there is no effect. If you save a shared note into your account, then it will count against you, because it adds something to your account. The limits apply no matter what client (Web, Mac, Windows, etc.) you are using. 

Basically, any time the Evernote servers need to add anything to your account (joined notebooks don't count, because the notes are actually not in "your" account) then it will count against your monthly limit. 

Awesome, that answers those questions, but creates a new one.  ;)

If I get a new PC or Tablet and install Evernote, does it affect my limit if I start reading all of those notes?  Not changing anything, just reading?

• Level 5*

Awesome, that answers those questions, but creates a new one.   ;)

If I get a new PC or Tablet and install Evernote, does it affect my limit if I start reading all of those notes?  Not changing anything, just reading?

It doesn't affect anything. You could install Evernote on 50 computers and it still wouldn't affect it :)

Archived