(Archived) Evernote 5.0.7 Not Opening on Mac 10.6.8

askingquestions

Idea

I am relatively new to Evernote and am having difficulty.

I downloaded Evernote 5.0.7 from the App Store on my Mac after having used EN sparingly on my Chrome browser. When I open the app from the dock I am prompted to enter my username and password; once I complete this step a new window opens, presumably the home page, but then it shuts down and displays an error report. I have been through this process 10 times now with no variation in results. 

Would somebody shed some light on this for me? I am very keen to use the EN app. 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I think this is beyond my abilities, and you may want to contact support (see the link in my signature). Alternatively, I would recommend uninstalling, and reinstalling the app directly from Evernote (you probably have the Apple appstore version). Here are instructions for doing this. You shouldn't have any problems if you follow the steps listed there. 

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494

• Level 5*

Mr. Monkey-

I followed your advice and am now running EN off my dock. Thank you very much, this is spot on instruction you have provided here! 

Have a terrific weekend, hopefully the Karmic boomerang adds an additional bright spot in your life. 

Best,

-AQ

Glad I could help! 

Archived