(Archived) Logged in today and my tags were all over the place

OldMother

Idea

I'm not really sure what happened.  It appears that all the content that has been tagged has not been affected.  However, the neat orderly arrangement that I had is now a random jumble.  It's like if someone took a neat stack of papers and just threw them up in the air.  

I don't seem to have the capability of just dragging and dropping them back into place either.  I'll click on a tag and try to move it, but nothing happens.  

It's also effecting my phone app (android)  

Help.

Thanks.

8 replies to this idea

Same problem here. I think I destroyed Evernote.

Started using Evernote yesterday evening, made a whole bunch of tags and sub-tags. Everything went fine, but then I made two tags "CONSTANTS_year" and "CONSTANTS_month", and some subtags (jan, feb, mar,...,2012,2013). When I refreshed the page (only seconds after I made the tags), the tags where all over the place. Coincidence?

• Level 5*

Hi. Have you checked to make sure you have the tags sorted by "name" instead of "note count"? Also, when you open the tags in the sidebar, are they also messed up (right-click on the Tag icon and "Show Tag List")?

Hi both - welcome to the forums.  Have your tags bounced into alphabetical order,  messing up your previous arrangements?  Or are we talking random random like no order at all?

It was random.  Also, I was unable to re-assign them to the correct order.

HOWEVER,  I just logged in and everything seems to be put back in place.  

Weird.

• Level 5*

Hi both - welcome to the forums.  Have your tags bounced into alphabetical order,  messing up your previous arrangements?  Or are we talking random random like no order at all?

It was random.  Also, I was unable to re-assign them to the correct order.

HOWEVER,  I just logged in and everything seems to be put back in place.  

Weird.

That is weird. If you could grab a screenshot next time it happens (CMD + Shift + 4) then that might help the developers squash the bug. Thanks for reporting it!

This happened to me in the web client, same day as OP. I talked to support and they said it was a known issue. They were working on a fix. I was told I would probably have to reorder myself, but the next day it was fixed. And it was RANDOM, there were tag trees that I had never made, and all sorts of crazy things.

• Level 5*

This happened to me in the web client, same day as OP. I talked to support and they said it was a known issue. They were working on a fix. I was told I would probably have to reorder myself, but the next day it was fixed. And it was RANDOM, there were tag trees that I had never made, and all sorts of crazy things.

Thanks for reporting. That is really weird. I'll keep an eye out in the future for it, but I do wish we had some sort of place we could go to see if something is a bug or not -- a bug tracker, or if not that, a status blog.

Archived