(Archived) Bug? Evernote screenshots not saved to notebook in clipping preferences

Mr.Rubbish

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just misunderstanding the menu in the Evernote program.

When i press Win+prntScrn Evernote captures a PNG screenshot. Fair enough. However it saves it to my default notebook which promptly eats into my monthly data allocation. Not so good.

So i go to Tools> Clipping preferences

1_zps7fc51fcd.png

and i select a local folder called "clip clips" created for just such a purpose.

2_zpsb0ee6f37.png

Then i take another screenshot and again it is saved to the default notebook. a couple more tests and i discover that it is saving to the notebook is currently selected.

So, my question is this:

Is the "specify clip destination" supposed to direct these screenshots to the notebook choosen in the list and there is a bug that stops this from happening, or does it mean something else and screenshots are only ever saved to active notebook?

• Level 5*

If you're copying web pages or other selected content,  it would be better to use Clearly or the web browser version of Clipper which I think is the one affected by that menu.  Win+Prtscn takes a screengrab to the default notebook (which you can change in Evernote) or,  if you hold Shift or Ctrl while copying you can drop the copy onto your desktop or send it to clipboard.

It looks like this setting should affect the destination of screen clips, it does for me.

Try setting it and then exiting and restarting Evernote via the File -> Exit menu option. Not sure if it will help, but it does force a save of the settings in the registry so may have some effect.

It looks like this setting should affect the destination of screen clips, it does for me.

Try setting it and then exiting and restarting Evernote via the File -> Exit menu option. Not sure if it will help, but it does force a save of the settings in the registry so may have some effect.

Whoa! that works now. funnily enough i did try the quit-evernote-and-load-it-up-again trick just prior to posting and it didn't make a difference. i tried again after reading your suggestion and this time it's working.

I did notice something new though, the note for the screenshot briefly appears in the active notebook for a second or so before being moved to the proper notebook.

Anyway, thank you both of you for your help!

Archived