Not possible to create an account

I would like to use Evernote and when I try to create a new account my email address is in use associated with another user account.
I did a reset password and voila, I see another user account... username: raquelcarvalho
So, I deactivated this account, it's not mine and I don't see the option of changing username...so, I just deleted.
After that, I tried to create a new user name for me, a new account, and is not possible. My email is associated with a deactivated account :)
Now if I want to open a ticket, I have to reactivate the account associated with my email and that's what I did, but this is SO WRONG...

Is not acceptable someone using my email address and even worst, not acceptable not sending an account created confirmation email.
After making a search, I did receive an email from January 2012 saying Congratulations!!! Your account was created.(...)
And now here I am... just want a new account with my email address and I can't use it. Creating a new email address is not an option for me, just to use Evernote.

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP.
  • Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I would contact support. The fastest method, though, would just be to create a new gmail account, open your Evernote account, and then change the email address on your Evernote account to the email you would prefer to use.

Evernote support answered:

Thank you for contacting Evernote support.
Unfortunately, there can not be two accounts with the same email address.
We would be happy to assist you with opening an account with an email that is not currently in use.

What I think:

They just don't understand that they allowed someone to create an account with an email address that did not belong to the user... and now that I want to have one, their response is that I should give a new email address. So... let's see. I'm not going to create a new email account just because they can not change nothing when they are mistaken.

I will might start to thinking about One Note... forget Evernote exists. At least Microsoft sends confirmation emails.

• Level 5*

Evernote support answered:

Thank you for contacting Evernote support.

Unfortunately, there can not be two accounts with the same email address.

We would be happy to assist you with opening an account with an email that is not currently in use.

What I think:

They just don't understand that they allowed someone to create an account with an email address that did not belong to the user... and now that I want to have one, their response is that I should give a new email address. So... let's see. I'm not going to create a new email account just because they can not change nothing when they are mistaken.

I will might start to thinking about One Note... forget Evernote exists. At least Microsoft sends confirmation emails.

I suggest that you give a try to what I proposed. It should work fine. If it doesn't, then you can contact support again and get them to help you switch it over. It sounds like they did send a confirmation email when the account was created, and it sounds like you deactivated the account, so that put it in a state where you lost access to it. I don't know exactly what that means on the back end, but from a customer service perspective, there probably isn't a whole lot they can do. I'm not sure Microsoft would do much better in such a case, but you could give them a try. The last time I tried to contact them for help they wanted $50 for the privilege of emailing them, so there is that :)

I did that now... and now they send confirmation email :)

But when someone used my email, they didn't.

I just have an email saying Congratulations to raquelcarvalho regarding new account at Evernote... not a single email asking to confirm.

Let's see now what happen..

• Level 5*

They removed my email from Evernote database, this way I'm now able to create my account with my email. :)

This was great.

Thank you very much

I am glad it worked out for you! Keep us updated on your use of the app, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

• 11 months later...

Alright, I'm honestly unsure what the issue is that I'm having because I originally contacted evernote about this 2 months ago and it is still unresolved.  I had an account under the email of chefnancyN@comcast.net and then for whatever reason, I also set one up under chefnancyN17@gmail.com.  I ended up purchasing a premium membership using the gmail account under the impression that I could change to my comcast account once it was deactivated.  but it's not letting me.  It is still sayiing that there is an account under the comcast account and so it won't let me change my gmail evernote to my comcast email. I doin't use the gmail account.  I have a 14 year business that uses the comcast account and so I don't want to start sharing documents with a different email.

Evernote set up a ticket for me to resolve this issue.  I believe they had me reactivate the comcast account and then tried to get it to deactivate correctly (like i said, it's been so long so I don't recall specifically).  The ticket number is 410993.  I have called at least twice about this.  All I want to do is to make it so that my current account of chefnancyN17@gmail.com shows my correcct email of chefnancyN@comcast.net.  meanwhile, I'm unable to use all of these fantastic features because I don't want to send anything out with the wrong email address.

Please, I hope someone somewhere can resolve this issue for me. 

Alright, I'm honestly unsure what the issue is that I'm having because I originally contacted evernote about this 2 months ago and it is still unresolved. I had an account under the email of chefnancyN@comcast.net and then for whatever reason, I also set one up under chefnancyN17@gmail.com. I ended up purchasing a premium membership using the gmail account under the impression that I could change to my comcast account once it was deactivated. but it's not letting me. It is still sayiing that there is an account under the comcast account and so it won't let me change my gmail evernote to my comcast email. I doin't use the gmail account. I have a 14 year business that uses the comcast account and so I don't want to start sharing documents with a different email.

Evernote set up a ticket for me to resolve this issue. I believe they had me reactivate the comcast account and then tried to get it to deactivate correctly (like i said, it's been so long so I don't recall specifically). The ticket number is 410993. I have called at least twice about this. All I want to do is to make it so that my current account of chefnancyN17@gmail.com shows my correcct email of chefnancyN@comcast.net. meanwhile, I'm unable to use all of these fantastic features because I don't want to send anything out with the wrong email address.

Please, I hope someone somewhere can resolve this issue for me.

You cannot contact EN support via telephone, so I don't know what you think you did. Support tickets are closed after ~10 days of no reply from the user. So you will probably need to submit a new support ticket.

Did you reactivate the comcast account & do what they suggested you do?

I "chatted" with them several times.  Regardless, it is still unresolved. first time they said it would be resolved in 24 hours.  Then a week or 2 later and I had not heard back via email, i contacted them again and said it was a glitch in the system and they were working to resolve.  They also talked of refunding me my premium fee, have not heard back.

I "chatted" with them several times.  Regardless, it is still unresolved. first time they said it would be resolved in 24 hours.  Then a week or 2 later and I had not heard back via email, i contacted them again and said it was a glitch in the system and they were working to resolve.  They also talked of refunding me my premium fee, have not heard back.

I don't ever remember hearing of EN saying a problem will be "resolved" in 24 hours. They do commit to replying to premium users in one business day, California time.

Like I said, you should submit a new support ticket, since it's likely your previous one has been closed.  I suggest you stay on top of it this time, if you want the issue resolved.  It's really unfair to intimate your support experience is less than desirable if you're not doing your part. ("I originally contacted evernote about this 2 months ago and it is still unresolved")

Good luck.

oh my.  I am a premium user and they did say within 24 hours or 1 day, i believe that is the same thing.  I'm sorry I wrote here.   i feel as though I'm being inquisitioned when all i've done is give them plenty of time to resolve an issue that was supposed to be resolved a long time ago.  when I spoke with them last, I gave them the ticket # and they said they were reading through the notes, so who knows what they were doing.

copy of original chat I received a copy from evernote: 

Zuber: The ticket will auto create once we end this chat. I will follow up with you within 24 hours with the next steps - most likely sooner. This way, we can continue troubleshooting this issue via email. 

Thank you anyway.

Please re-read my post wrt FIXED vs REPLY. Your post below confirms exactly what I said. It does not say fixed...

(Emphasis mine).

oh my. I am a premium user and they did say within 24 hours or 1 day, i believe that is the same thing. I'm sorry I wrote here. i feel as though I'm being inquisitioned when all i've done is give them plenty of time to resolve an issue that was supposed to be resolved a long time ago. when I spoke with them last, I gave them the ticket # and they said they were reading through the notes, so who knows what they were doing.

copy of original chat I received a copy from evernote:

Zuber: The ticket will auto create once we end this chat. I will follow up with you within 24 hours with the next steps - most likely sooner. This way, we can continue troubleshooting this issue via email.

Thank you anyway.

Sorry if you feel you are being "inquisitioned". But I stand by what I said & noticed you never answered my question. Did you do what support suggested you do? If you receive a reply from support & do not follow up with what they suggest & reply back to them, it's unfair to come to the board & claim you've not received a good support experience.

Archived