enable offline access for Evernote Premium

I have just signed up for Evernote Premium so that I will have access to data whilst offline.

How, if required, do I enable the offline for all notes in (a) my Android phone; (B) my PC?

How can I check that all data is available on my offlined Android?  By using airplane mode, and then what?

I have just signed up for Evernote Premium so that I will have access to data whilst offline.

How, if required, do I enable the offline for all notes in (a) my Android phone; (B) my PC?

How can I check that all data is available on my offlined Android?  By using airplane mode, and then what?

The Windows client does not require premium for offline access, since a copy of the entire database is stored on your hard drive. IDK about the Android client, but in iOS, you go into settings & there is a place to specify which notebooks you want to have offline access to. You then sync & there is (or used to be) a progress bar showing how much left to download).

It seems to be very different in my Android version.  Can anyone answer my questions...please.

Under settings there is a greyed out "Set Offline Access -- Go to notebooks list, tap the download icon and choose which notebooks to set offline". This is not clear or does not work, or I am stupider than I had thought!

OK, here is the answer...for Android version....

In the notes list, the arrow at the bottom right of each notes title box brings up a menu with the option to keep offline.  This does not work for a "stack" but only for a "note".  I selected each note separately to select the offline option.  I found no way to select all notes.

It works for me. Here's what I did:

As the instructions mentioned - Go to notebooks list, tap the download icon at the bottom of the screen(looks like a downward facing arrow inside a folder).

You will now see your list of notebooks with the same download icon to the left of each one.

Next, click on the download icon next to the notebook that you want to set as "Offline".

Now, to make the selected notebook available offline, you must select the checkbox icon at the top left side of the screen. After doing this, you should now see the selected notebook folder show "offline" underneath the name of the folder. Hope this helps.

• Level 5*

OK, here is the answer...for Android version....

In the notes list, the arrow at the bottom right of each notes title box brings up a menu with the option to keep offline.  This does not work for a "stack" but only for a "note".  I selected each note separately to select the offline option.  I found no way to select all notes.

I see no evidence that this works for notes; did you mean notebooks? Offline notebooks is, as the name suggests, a feature that applies to notebooks, not individual notes.
  • 1 year later...

It works for me. Here's what I did:

As the instructions mentioned - Go to notebooks list, tap the download icon at the bottom of the screen(looks like a downward facing arrow inside a folder).

You will now see your list of notebooks with the same download icon to the left of each one.

Next, click on the download icon next to the notebook that you want to set as "Offline".

Now, to make the selected notebook available offline, you must select the checkbox icon at the top left side of the screen. After doing this, you should now see the selected notebook folder show "offline" underneath the name of the folder. Hope this helps.

Thanks Brian.

• 3 months later...

Yep, it works fine for me.  I just have to remember to do this for any new Notebooks I create ... maybe have an option under settings to have offline checked for all new notebooks.  Working on the principle that new notebooks are empty when you create them, you would get a chance to unselect it before adding any notes you didn't want to access offline (if that makes sense).

Archived