Lecture Recordings and handwritten notes

scrubs1489

Hi guys,

Ideally I would get a powerpoint from a professor, write notes directly onto it while recording the lecture, and then go back over it by tapping my handwritten notes which will pull up the recorded audio at the time when I was writing. If the notes can also be searchable then I would be sold on that method. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you so much for the help

Hi scrubs and welcome to the forum,

I think the nearest to what you are talking about is covered if you buy the Livescribe Sky - wifi - pen.

This allows you to record and write notes which will go into a specific Notebook and Note in Evernote that is designated by the Livescribe notepad and page number.

You could then start a new Note with a copy of the document from your Professor, right click the Livescribe Note mentioned above and click on 'Copy Note LInk', then paste this link into the new Note you just created.

Whilst a little cumbersome it could work well once you sort the work flow.

Best regards

Chris

Hi scrubs and welcome to the forum,

I think the nearest to what you are talking about is covered if you buy the Livescribe Sky - wifi - pen.

This allows you to record and write notes which will go into a specific Notebook and Note in Evernote that is designated by the Livescribe notepad and page number.

You could then start a new Note with a copy of the document from your Professor, right click the Livescribe Note mentioned above and click on 'Copy Note LInk', then paste this link into the new Note you just created.

Whilst a little cumbersome it could work well once you sort the work flow.

Best regards

Chris

So I would be required to use the livescribe pen and smartnotebook in conjunction. I would not be able to use a tablet and a pdf version of a powerpoint presentation.

I know that Office 2013 will allow me to export a pdf of the powerpoint into the program and I can make notes directly onto it with a a stylus while syncing my audio recording.

Ideally I would like to find a way to do this on an Ipad instead and I know that Office 2013 is severely limited on ipad.

I use the iPad program, Notability, to take notes on pdf files, making comments either with the keyboard or with a stylus. Notability also has a record function, so you can record the lecture and take notes on each figure.

Archived