(Archived) Early access to our beta for Evernote users; Organize mac, evernote, dropbox, & gmail in one place

We are looking for Evernote power users to try our new web-app, Seer.  Seer helps you stay organized, so you can find what you need quickly and get things done. Visit erlibird.com/go/getseer to get access to our private beta and provide feedback. If erlibird runs out of spots, sign uhere and tweet @getseer with an #evernote. We will get you access quickly.

post-131070-0-24715300-1365822454_thumb.  

One place to get things done

post-131070-0-98258100-1365823116.png  post-131070-0-97915300-1365822908.png  post-131070-0-26440600-1365823117.png post-131070-0-66052200-1365823116.png  post-131070-0-41465500-1365822990.png

Realize your full potential.

• Level 5*

@conall: thanks for letting us know about your service. Looks interesting & useful, and it can access Evernote, a definite plus here. :) I'm not sure that I'd be a good beta tester for you, but I'll keep your app in mind -- as it is, I haven't really worked CloudMagic into my normal workflow, though I see the appeal. Chris will hopefully keep us informed as to what he finds.

• Level 5*

I signed up too.  Initial thoughts were that the display is too 'listy' to be of much help - I have all my gmails and notes in one place,  but all I see are the titles.  The first batch of entries are all calendar dates since that was updated recently;  don't need any of those.  Others are Evernote headings which are just PDF filenames - I OCR so the keywords are all in the content..  Something which approximates the snippet view would be good.  And a way to exclude some links,  but not others.  And Search - we need a search.

Don't get me wrong - it's a fantastic package and I'll keep using it and (maybe) helping to improve it.  But.  Needs More Work.  (IMHO).

I'll look forward to Chris's view when he's had a chance to play.

Having not used CloudMagic I downloaded that as well.

Now, I have played with the two a little during the day I feel that Seer is a much easier application to understand without having to read a manual. To my way of thinking CloudMagic is far too cluttered and awkward to understand. Whereas Seer as basic as it is, shows with easy menus how to select your Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Emails etc.

The only thing I didn't link to Seer this morning was Evernote, so I will do so and see how that looks.

I can see a huge benefit of having everything you use in terms of cloud apps and storage in one place. Whether it needs to look a bit slicker is another thing and only time will tell if I am happy with it as it is.

Of the two as a Newbie to both then Seer wins hands down.

Best regards

Chris

gazumped - thank you for the feedback. Files were our first focus, and as a result the emails and others are a bit too listy right now we agree. Also working on a search. We hope you will continue to help us improve it. We appreciate the feedback you sent us already. 

C6REW - we are glad you agree with us about having a bit more than keywords to help you navigate your information. we have work to do, but really value your feedback as we prioirtize it -- let us know your thoughts once you hook up evernote

Hi Conall,

One of the things that has been bugging me is the security of this service.

Here we are giving you access to 'all' of our important accounts and a lot of Evernote users are totally paranoid about how secure that service is, let alone someone or some company we have never heard of.

Can you advise so I can report to other potential users please.

Best regards

Chris

In a similar vein to Chris' post above, I'm hesitant to go via Erlibird.  I've not heard of it before.  It appears to be legit & may well be a great portal for start ups...but I don't have the time to research it.  I'm typically not an early adopter, so it's not even a website that would be of interest to me.  I always try to be very aware of websites & it's annoying when I'm trying to update Roboform & get taken to a "you are a winner - just fill out this survey & blah, blah, blah" (like what happened to me this morning.)  So for now, I'll still play with Cloud Magic.

Archived