(Archived) Request: View Shared Notebooks Offline

J3nn

Idea

My co-workers and I are Premium Members. We work in remote places where there's no web access. It would be super helpful to be able to view Shared Notebooks Offline. I love the Shared Notebook feature when I am in the office and can access the information, but otherwise it's not helpful. We have to go the good old paper route to have the information we need on hand. Bummer! 

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

My co-workers and I are Premium Members. We work in remote places where there's no web access. It would be super helpful to be able to view Shared Notebooks Offline. I love the Shared Notebook feature when I am in the office and can access the information, but otherwise it's not helpful. We have to go the good old paper route to have the information we need on hand. Bummer! 

Hi. Welcome to the forums! I agree that this is a huge drawback for shared notebooks. On iOS you can't search shared notebooks at the same time as personal ones either. I hope this will change in the future.

The good news is that it is possible to get shared notebooks offline, but they have to be ones shared through Evernote Business. If you are willing to go that route, then you are all set!

Good to know that feature exists in Evernote Business. Do you know can you easily move already established notebooks into Evernote Business or do you need to recreate the notebooks?

• Level 5*

I just realized that I replied to this as if it was an iOS problem. In fact, you are talking about Mac OSX. Whoops! You ought to be able to view your shared notebooks offline no matter if you are Free, Premium, or Business. Are you sure you meant to post in the Mac forum?

• Level 5*

Hummm...I can't view them offline on an ipad or iphone though. Is that the case or am I missing something?

Hi. You can view all of your notebooks on the Mac. In fact, they are automatically saved right to your hard drive. However, in order to view them offline on iOS (the iPhone and iPad), you will need a Premium subscription (see the second item in the link below).

http://evernote.com/premium/

Archived