(Archived) Scan drop on MAC no longer connecting to evernote

Hi

I have been using scandrop and evernote on the Mac for years. Recently I can no longer login to evernote from scandrop it says 

Could not log you in to Evernote

Username and/or password incorrect (consumerKey)

I can log into evernote from the application and the web 

I have tried username and email but I can not get past this problem

Max OSX 10.7.5

Evernote Version 5.0.7 (400995)

Many thanks

Jonathan

• Level 5*

Is there some step with scandrop that requires it to log into the Evernote servers? (I don't know, myself, but the timing just seems suspicious) If so, you'll need to revisit that.

Hi there

I'm having exactly the same problems - My account details are correct and I can connect via the app on my iMac and mobile devices. 

But as of a couple of days ago, Scandrop won't recognise the same login details. 

I've reinstalled Scandrop, but his hasn't made a change. 

I suspect it's a Scandrop issue, as I think the app was updated on the 6th April, and although I can't be certain, I think the issues started after that. 

I'll see if I can log a call with Office Drop?

Thanks

Dave

Hi!

Mine does not login anymore, either. Tried updating Scandrop since I hadn't done that in a while, but after the update there is just a new looking window telling me my password is incorrect. My login data ist fine though, since I can login to the webinterface and apps on severeal plattforms without any problem.

Any idea on how to solve that would be highly appreciated since my office workflow depens heavily on scandrop and evernot working in sync...

Kind regards,

Atze

Same problem.  This worked a few days ago.  My password works via Evernote app and web.

Did Evernote cut off ScanDrop?  If so, does anyone have a suggestion on how to interface with my perfectly good espon workforce printer?

On one hand I'm pleased that I'm not the only one and therefore am not imagining this problem. But on the other I'm annoyed that it's an issue! I put a support call to Officedrop Support literally a few minutes after  I'd updated in the App Store and found the issue. Apart from a few "have you updated your password due to the recent password hack" comments I've had no update. Bit disappointed. If it is a general issue some better communication would be helpful.

• Level 5*

On one hand I'm pleased that I'm not the only one and therefore am not imagining this problem. But on the other I'm annoyed that it's an issue! I put a support call to Officedrop Support literally a few minutes after  I'd updated in the App Store and found the issue. Apart from a few "have you updated your password due to the recent password hack" comments I've had no update. Bit disappointed. If it is a general issue some better communication would be helpful.

If you want actual support from Evernote (and it's not clear to me whether this is an Evernote problem or an OfficeDrop problem), then you should open a support request (which you can find via the link in my signature). Otherwise, this is a user forum, with occasional Evernote participation.

I received the following related feedback from ScanDrop technical support:

Hi,

I'm pasting you a response that I sent out to some of the other people who are experiencing this right now:

Hi there,

Thank you for being so patient about the ScanDrop Evernote issue. Just to give you an update, we have contacted Evernote for the information we need to fix the ScanDrop authentication with Evernote and have not received any response yet. Once we get that information, we will fix ScanDrop and resubmit the build to the Mac App Store. Their approval process can be as fast as several days, to a couple of weeks, depending on their backlog. We apologize for the delay, however much of this process is out of our hands.
Mimi | OfficeDrop Customer Experience

In the meantime, I'm using the following workaround:  Use ScanDrop's scan to mail option as your cloud service.  Once the scan is complete and the email window appears, send it to your Evernote email address.  I created a clean notebook to accept the emailed Evernotes and then I just drag and drop them in the correct notebooks as needed from the Evernote application.  Hope this helps for now.  R

OfficeDrop is DEAD !

I received this email message today :

"We sincerely thank all of you for being a big supporter and user of OfficeDrop over the last five years. We know that many of you have come to depend on OfficeDrop to store and share your files in the cloud. Regrettably, we will not be able to offer OfficeDrop as a standalone service anymore and will be discontinuing it permanently as of May 5th, 2013."

I received a response from tech support (ScanDrop).  They have been waiting on the Mac app store to approve their update.  They sent me a link to directly download the newest version from there server so I will try that this evening and report back here wtih the results.

Fingers crossed!

Excellent news!  We are back up and running!!

Mimi replied:

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for how long this update for ScanDrop has taken. The new build is under review with the App Store right now, so to expedite things, I am sending you a direct download link to the latest build. 

This build should address the main issue which is DropBox integration. 

http://downloads.officedrop.com/downloads/scandropmac/1.1.1/ScanDrop.zip
Mimi | OfficeDrop Customer Experience 
For help using OfficeDrop, go to http://support.officedrop.com

Archived