(Archived) Global search problem.

aaaha

Idea

This ...

r1yd5eepyf1q.jpg

... I do not understand. Why is my search list empty if the word I am searching for is contained within a note (I added a few hours ago).

This has happened to me a dozen of times with various words contained in headlines, content of notes, note names etc. and I have no idea what the problem is. It happens occasionally and I am not able to reproduce it. But for sure I can tell you this: It is making me SICK!

The global search function (for me) is the most important function in a note taking program. I've been switching back from nvALT to Evernote over the last couple of hours and its making me sad.

Please tell me, I only have some kind of checkbox unchecked to deactivate this mistake!

Edit:
Ok I only JUST found out why. In this case I was searching in "_Sonstiges". But why hasn't this[1] badge-thing shown up?? Boy I'm finding so many consistency issues in this program :-(

[1]

http://www10.pic-upload.de/09.04.13/opuvgzwv3nat.jpg

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I have reported this in the past, so you can rest assured that the developers know about it, and are doing their best to fix it. I also encounter it (a blank screen with 0 notes) many, many times a day. If you do a search and then change a bunch of titles in a row you'll have to restart a search, because it will start to return 0 notes. Sometimes, you'll enter a search and it will work. Other times, it returns 0 notes. It is infuriating, but fortunately not terribly confusing. Basically, anytime I get 0 notes for a search, I know to just clear the search and try again. Hope this helps. 

• Level 5*

Just a reminder that this is still a problem. Every few minutes or so on the Mac, I lose the note I am editing, and searches regularly do not work. This only happens when I have the search filtered (this morning it was "intitle:journal"). It is a challenge to work if you touch type and are reading something on another screen (the iPad) while typing. When I turn back to the computer, my note is gone, and some of the content I have been typing is lost :( I am pretty used to it by now, but I really would like to see this fixed...

Any word yet on a beta that tackles this issue? I keep track of business contacts with EN and have a text expander snippet that I use to quickly search my contact database. The snippet expands to: notebook:crm tag:contacts intitle: and then I add the name of the contact after intitle: Until today this worked flawlessly but now continually shows 0 results until I remove the intitle: operator.

Can't wait 'till the search is back up to snuff,

Thanks!

Archived