(Archived) Clipping rectangle or window shortcut key stopped working

Beatlevic

Idea

Since two weeks I can no longer make any clippings with Evernote. I tried changing the keyboard shortcut to something else, but it wouldn't matter.

Reinstalling Evernote and rebooting also did not fix it.

I'm running Evernote Version 5.0.7 (400993) and Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You'll need to open the helper (elephant in the menu bar) and try from there first. After your first time doing that, your keyboard shortcuts will be back. This issue should be fixed in our next release.

While I can start the clip process, it saves to the new note window in the upper right hand corner of my screen (ie, what I see if I click the elephant). I can save that, but this isn't how it used to work. Previously I'd start the clip, click the button, and it saved itself w/o me having to do anything. Any idea on that?

Please bring back the old behavior with the keyboard shortcut and the clipping rectangle.  The web-clipping feature is a far cry from what we were able to do before if we didn't want to clip the entire web-page.  There's so many more keyboard/mouse actions required than before (when it was just ctrl-cmd-C, draw rectangle).  I use the clipping feature constantly when I'm researching a topic and need to copy images within web-pages and sometimes grab a shot of the browser window (or my iTerm windows).

I've been using web-clip reluctantly and this doesn't seem to re-enable the keyboard shortcuts or the previous rectangle behavior.

I can't click a window anymore by clicking on it - this silently fails. I need to drag / select.

This is a disaster since I can't rapidly collect screen shots any more.

I'm not a fan of the second step requiring annotation either. That should be an option.

If you need to grab dozens of screen shots Evernote is now seriously broken.

Hi Yannick, 

Here's the solution --

RE: Jackolicious -- You'll need to open the helper (elephant in the menu bar) and try from there first. After your first time doing that, your keyboard shortcuts will be back. This issue should be fixed in our next release.

@vanweerd - I completely agree with you. I used to be able to assign tags to the screenshot directly, now it takes several steps instead. Hopefully, we can revert to the old way of doing screen clipping in the next release or put it in the product enhancement request at the very least. 

Jonny

Archived