(Archived) AUTOMATIC SYNC PREFERENCE NOT WORKING ON MAC

chastaz3

Idea

04-05-13

Although I have the sync preference set to sync every 5 minutes, it never syncs unless I actually hit the sync button manually.  Anyone having the same issue?  I'm running Evernote 5.0.7 on Macbook Air OSX 10.8.3 and I have 18,000 notes.  Do you think it's a function of the sheer quantity of notes?

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I doubt it's related to the number of notes, but you might try creating another account and seeing if that works. Either way, we've noticed some issues with automatic syncing related to machines going to sleep and waking up repeatedly. Could this be related?

I'm having precisely the same issue described above.  I'm not sure how to respond to the response from Evernote.  How do you define "sleep and wake up repeatedly."  My Mac does sleep often... but I'm not sure I'd call it "repeatedly."  Is there something in the works to correct this?

I have the exact same issue. It appears not everybody ran into this problem. I am wondering why it happens to this specific group of us and whether there is any workaround before you release a new version of Mac Evernote.

Archived