(Archived) Inserting frequently used text

afscheel

I'm looking to replace my current unnamed application with Evernote, but one feature eludes me. I want to insert the date and time, perhaps in a formatted manner. For example, in another application, I hit Alt-1 and it inserts the below string: ************************* Apr 02, 2013 @ 07:19:55 ************************* This makes it super easy to see each entry as I add it in. Each day gets its own note and there are usually 10-20 entries per day. Is there a way to handle this in Evernote? I know I can insert the current date/time with Ctrl-; but it doesn't allow for an adornments. What I'm looking for, even if it's via add-on, is a method for pasting commonly used pieces of text, if possible with arbitrary text in it such as the date above. To extend that desire further, it would be nice if I could optionally make it bolded as well.

ah ha!  AHK looks like the tool du jour.  Many thanks!

; EverNote Stuffs#IfWinNotExist ahk_class ENMainFrame#k::Run c:\Program files\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe#IfWinActive ahk_class ENMainFrame#k::	FormatTime,CurrentTime,A_NOW,MM/dd/yyyy @ HH:mm:ss	Send ***** %CurrentTime% *****{Enter}return#IfWinNotActive ahk_class ENMainFrame#k::	WinActivate, ahk_class ENMainFramereturn

Archived