Option to save URL when clipping content

metapede

Idea

I would like the option to include the originating URL with anything I clip from the browser. Today, my workaround is to clip the content, then to create a second note with just the URL, then merge the two. I'm envisioning something simple like having a checkbox in the web clipper panel with a label like "Also include URL" (see attached sketch), or including the URL could just happen automatically.

I use Evernote with both Chrome and Safari, btw.

post-129686-0-40388500-1364840894_thumb.

6 replies to this idea

I would like the option to include the originating URL with anything I clip from the browser. Today, my workaround is to clip the content, then to create a second note with just the URL, then merge the two. I'm envisioning something simple like having a checkbox in the web clipper panel with a label like "Also include URL" (see attached sketch), or including the URL could just happen automatically.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-04-01 at 10.52.09 AM.png

Using the clipper should include the URL. I know it always does in Chrome (for me) but I don't use Safari.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-04-01 at 10.52.09 AM.png

The Chrome clipper I use automatically includes the url.  Have you checked the 'source url' in the meta data of your clipped notes...???

EDIT: Sniped by mrgoerend!

I also would like the option to include the originating URL with anything I clip from the browser. I'm envisioning something simple like having a checkbox in the web clipper panel with a label like "Also include URL" (see attached sketch), or including the URL could just happen automatically.

This is iOS8 /iPad - mailing the url to EverNote is an option but not preferable to the above since now I have separate entries I need to merge. I understand Chrome can, so why not Safari?

@KlaasAA

Web Clipper on desktop browsers always saves the source URL for all clips. 

If you are using Safari on iOS8 and have the latest Evernote client installed you can use the share extension to clip content. 

@jbignert - thank you, the request remains for the OSX-functionality to be included in Evernote/iOS apps, iOS8 (and iOS7 for iPhone4). Rationale is that most of on-the-go clipping is done from mobile devices.

On 2 April 2013 at 5:43 AM, BurgersNFries said:

The Chrome clipper I use automatically includes the url.  Have you checked the 'source url' in the meta data of your clipped notes...??

Saving in the 'source url' in the meta data is often inconvinient, because it requires extra clicks to include URL as a part of the text. It should be an ability to have URL next to clip,e.g. 

From full-url:

Content of the clip.

Archived