(Archived) Resolution setting doesn't work in new camera function in Android Evernote

eric99

I'm very happy that Android users finally get a multi-shot camera function. This was really missing. Unfortunately, the resolution setting doesn't seem to work properly. I can choose between 8, 5, 3 and 1,3 Mpixel but when I select 8M pixel, I only get 5M pixel  images (4-3 ratio) although my native camera is capable to shoot 8 MPixels in 4-3 aspect ratio. Is this a known bug?

Eric

My phone is a Sony Xperia Neo with a 8 Mpixel camera:

I made two 8 M pixel shots, one with the native camera app and one with the evernote app. I retrieved the image properties with IrfanView.

This is what I get with my native camera : 2448 x 3264  Pixels (7.99 MPixels) (3:4) JPEG, quality: 96

And this is with the evernote app  :            2448 x 1836  Pixels (4.49 MPixels) (4:3) JPEG, quality: 80

Eric

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hmmn. If you check in Note Creation Settings you have the option whether or not to use the multi-shot camera.  Untick that option and you'll be back to your native system camera and resolution.

Tried this and it still seems to download a bit. See results below. Took me ages to make the support request—it seems the form just hangs if you enter more than a few lines so the full details are here where I have linked support to for more info.

For support ticket #10598

With the new Android app images captured from within Evernote have low quality. All were taken with 8mp selected in the camera but are being somehow down-sampled.

There is also a forim post on this http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36660-resolution-setting-doesnt-work-in-new-camera-function-in-android-evernote/?p=201556
  • Native Android camera, photo then shared to Evernote - 2448 x 3264
  • Evernote image note w/  Settings > note creation > Activate multishot camera un checked - 2448 x 3264
  • Evernote image note w/  Settings > note creation > Activate multishot camera checked - 2448 x 1836
  • Page scan - 900 x 1200
  • Page scan - 767 x 1108

Seems it's a known bug:

We apologize for the inconvenience, however it appears there is currently a bug causing this.

We
appreciate you taking the time to send us this error. We have filed an
internal bug report with the QA team lead. She will classify and fix the
bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.

Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time.
Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for making Evernote a better product.

Archived