(Archived) OK Glass: Evernote This!

• Level 5*

Evernote (just Skitch?) launching with Glass.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/11/4091426/google-teases-path-skitch-new-york-times-on-project-glass

If you have a few hundred extra dollars burning a hole in your pocket, no fear of public derision(I think the glasses look fine, but some people really have strong opinions against them), and an interest in Lifelogging, then Evernote + Glass might be the way to go.

• Level 5*

Nice to be able to look at someone and get a brief bio (and a name reminder) - not so good if you're supposed to be on a mission and get distracted to the pub.  Can you get editable backgrounds for inopportune calls?  Plus I think the rest of the people in the pub might be a bit nervous that their picture might put them in the wrong place - scope for a bit of techno-bashing,  unless the pub already banned Glasses for that sort of reason.

More of a difficult decision for me I think.  I want them,  but I'm a devout coward...

• Level 5*

Nice to be able to look at someone and get a brief bio (and a name reminder) - not so good if you're supposed to be on a mission and get distracted to the pub.  Can you get editable backgrounds for inopportune calls?  Plus I think the rest of the people in the pub might be a bit nervous that their picture might put them in the wrong place - scope for a bit of techno-bashing,  unless the pub already banned Glasses for that sort of reason.

More of a difficult decision for me I think.  I want them,  but I'm a devout coward...

Privacy has been an illusion since at least the spread of the camera-equipped feature phone. I read Snow Crash when I was a kid, and so I pretty much expected something like this in my lifetime. Neo-Luddites will raise a stink at first, but in a few months it will die down. Our UK users know all about Big Brother cameras (the most surveillance in the world?). I expect they'll lead the pack.

... Our UK users know all about Big Brother cameras (the most surveillance in the world?). I expect they'll lead the pack.

And yet if you're out and about with any camera larger than a ****** packet, you're assumed to either be a paedophile** or a terrorist. Cognitive dissonance much, Britain?

EDIT: Wow. Evernote naughty word bot gets it completely wrong.

* British English slang for cigarette 

** Alternative spellings available

• Level 5*

... Our UK users know all about Big Brother cameras (the most surveillance in the world?). I expect they'll lead the pack.

And yet if you're out and about with any camera larger than a ****** packet, you're assumed to either be a paedophile** or a terrorist. Cognitive dissonance much, Britain?

EDIT: Wow. Evernote naughty word bot gets it completely wrong.

* British English slang for cigarette 

** Alternative spellings available

Interestingly the email notification that I got about a new post in this thread quoted your comment in full..  :)

And you never know how valuable those pictures of 'phone boxes* and taxis** might be to a foreign power...

* large red*** structure enclosing a public telephone for making calls while its (usually) raining

**cabs,  right?

*** the large blue one is for Doctor Who

Archived