(Archived) Why are there suddenly new tags in my notebook?

denisseattle

Tags like "work," "home," "rejected," "travel" -- why did these suddenly appear in my notebook? I had to go through and delete ~8 unwanted tags that I suspect were inserted during the most recent software update (but possibly from installing the app on a new phone). Evernote, please stop that! I've carefully structured my tags and I'll manage them myself, thank you.

4.6.3.8096 Win7

• Level 5

Agree with Chris... a Shared Notebook might be the culprit.

I had the same problem a few months ago.

Deleted all of the Shared Notebooks... the foreign tags disappeared instantly.

You can hide them if you want to look at a specific notebook, but no generic method to hide them.

Guess Evernote considers these foreign tags to be a benefit... not this user however.

Agree with Chris... a Shared Notebook might be the culprit.

I had the same problem a few months ago.

Deleted all of the Shared Notebooks... the foreign tags disappeared instantly.

You can hide them if you want to look at a specific notebook, but no generic method to hide them.

Guess Evernote considers these foreign tags to be a benefit... not this user however.

Tags from shared notebooks should have the owner's username in parenthesis around the tag.

If you click on Notebooks, which contains your notebooks and shared/joined notebooks, you'll see tags from your account and any joined notebooks. If you click on All My Notebooks or any of your individual notebooks, you'll see your tags.

• Level 5

I stand by my comment. There is no generic way to hide foreign tags. To hide them in my version of Evernote requires multiple mouse clicks.

The single hotkey "Find In Evernote" is one of Evernote's most powerful features. It performs multiple functions with a single keystroke. It clears previous searches and positions the cursor into the search box for fast searches.

This powerful Evernote-designed hotkey is effectively neutered with the addition of shared/joined notebooks and the corresponding foreign tags.

I stand by my comment. There is no generic way to hide foreign tags. To hide them in my version of Evernote requires multiple mouse clicks.

The single hotkey "Find In Evernote" is one of Evernote's most powerful features. It performs multiple functions with a single keystroke. It clears previous searches and positions the cursor into the search box for fast searches.

This powerful Evernote-designed hotkey is effectively neutered with the addition of shared/joined notebooks and the corresponding foreign tags.

Sorry if my post came off as stand-offish. I was just trying clarify and perhaps my tone came off as too "matter of fact."

Archived