We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
egypturnash

paperless Document scanners capable of really long receipts?

I'd like to start scanning my receipts, especially my business-related ones. The problem is that my business occasionally generates receipts whose lengths are best measured in feet when I go out to the post office and mail off a bunch of books from a successful Kickstarter, and most of these little scan-to-cloud things seem to have maximum lengths that are not much more than one and a half feet.

I've thought of using some of the phone receipt capturers but those things require a lot of user interaction. I'm lazy, if the initial import process is any more complicated that "put receipt in scanner, push button, shred receipt because now it's in Evernote" I will never get around to doing anything.

Any suggestions, or am I looking for something that just doesn't exist right now?

I have the Scansnap S1300i & it works like a charm for scanning receipts. 

I believe the maximum length is 36" or 3ft. It's never failed to scan a receipt yet - but yours may be even longer.

I can't find the photo I took of it or the receipt itself, but I think I've got one that's like four feet long! Still, 3' max length is a LOT better than 15".

I use the Snapscan 1300 and turned off the length check, so it will scan anything no matter how long it is.  

SnapScan -> settings -> paper -> multi feed detection = none

The default was "check length"

• Like 1

Ahem, and there is that great but low tech invention: scissors. Snip and scan them into one multipage PDF document. 

• Like 1

Egypturnash- If you press and hold the scan button, Scansnap will allow you to feed a long document.

• Like 1