Oliver_ENf2013 7 Posted March 28, 2013 Share Posted March 28, 2013 Hi Community,this is my first post :-) I am new to Evernote, but otherwise quite IT-savvy, I guess... I have a feature request regarding security. I have to say that I am really concerned about privacy, so while I have been looking at and playing around with EN for a couple years, it was only a few weeks ago that I decided to fully embark on it. One thing that I don't fully understand, is why I have to give my password to the clipper, or several apps I use for uploading content. Whereas EN seems to be quite safe, a browser might not necessarily be? The clipper might not be?Or another example, I have just finsihed setting up a "doxie-scan go" to upload all scanned documents directly up to my EN (as a backup to my Snapscan, eg while scanning on the road). Now again I need to provide my EN-Password to Eye-Fi and/or doxie -not sure I trust their security expertise as much as EN. Long story, short (feature) request - Id love to have separate accounts (or separate passwords linking to the same account name) allowing e.g. only uploading, but not access to any of the stored content. Like FTP on my NAS.Or more general - I'd like to set different access levels to my data depending on the app I am 99% sure somebody had this idea before, but I could not find it via the search function (I did try). And for the remaining 1% likelihood I will happily take the risk of getting some comments on how to properly use a search function in a forum :-) Any thoughts? ThanksOliver PS - I saw a lot of posts regarding 2 step verification - thats a different story - I mean different access rights within an account... Link to comment
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.