(Archived) extract jpgs from .enex?

thustron

Idea

Hi,

usually I exported a note with jpegs and then I got a folder with all the scanned jpgs in it. Now it seems new to me that evernote creates a .enex-file. I want to get my jpegs! Did they change something? For me one aspect to get the premium account from evernote always was, that I want to be able to change to another product if another enterprise convices me.

How do I get the jpegs?

Did they change something?

Thanks!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - to the best of my knowledge Evernote haven't changed anything.  Did you get a dialogue box offering you various choices when you tried to export the note? ENEX is only one of four options there...

• Level 5*

OK weird - sorry,  I just noticed the MAC tag on your post.  Don't know what options you should get there,  but I'd be surprised if there was a major difference;  I have options for one-page or multi-page HTML forinstance...

Hi,

usually I exported a note with jpegs and then I got a folder with all the scanned jpgs in it. Now it seems new to me that evernote creates a .enex-file. I want to get my jpegs! Did they change something? For me one aspect to get the premium account from evernote always was, that I want to be able to change to another product if another enterprise convices me.

How do I get the jpegs?

Did they change something?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you are talking about exporting to HTML because exporting to enex creates only one file for all the notes being exported. Exporting to ENEX is used for moving notes from one EN account/database to another. OTOH, exporting to HTML does create folders & is the method EN includes for getting your data out of EN, should you choose to leave. IOW, ENEX is not the way to export your data should you choose to leave EN.

Archived