(Archived) Evernote for Android v5.0 now live on Google Play!

Xavier_

The shutter sound is automatically played on Android when a picture is taken because it is illegal to disable the shutter in many parts of the world (Japan, South Korea, parts of US).

"You can turn off the shutter sound by turning off your ringer sound (tested on Android), but it would still be nice to not have to remember to turn your ringer back on." This will only work on some devices, it depends on the manufacturer's implementation of the operating system camera code.

For those wanting any more info on the technical logistics of doing this on Android, please have a look at this Stackoverflow article

Thanks,

Ty

The shutter sound is automatically played on Android when a picture is taken because it is illegal to disable the shutter in many parts of the world (Japan, South Korea, parts of US).

"You can turn off the shutter sound by turning off your ringer sound (tested on Android), but it would still be nice to not have to remember to turn your ringer back on." This will only work on some devices, it depends on the manufacturer's implementation of the operating system camera code.

For those wanting any more info on the technical logistics of doing this on Android, please have a look at this Stackoverflow article

Thanks,

Ty

Wow, thank you so much for replying! I had no idea. I'm thankful and sorry you have to design against stuff like that :( Keep up the good work, I love your product :D

( p.s., my fiancée & I have dubbed our Evernote Moleskines: Everskines :) )

Archived