(Archived) Feature / App / Program Request - RSS Reader

I tried to search before I started this thread. I have been using evernote for a while now and ended up paying for it. One thing I have always loved was the ability to clip to evernote. This has been extremely handy when parsing through various tech blogs and taking notes on things I am sure to run into later in my career. 

With the demise of Google Reader in sight, I am looking for a good alternative to keep my news addiction. So far none of them are worth it to me. While I was browsing some of my saved blogs in my evernote account  it hit me. I thought maybe the evernote team would be interested in creating something like an RSS feed reader (EverReader?) site with direct ties to evernote. I cannot save things at my work due to evernote being blocked, but if there was a way I could log into my feeds and just save them to a separate folder there, that would be nice. Plus this might bring the joys of evernote to more people.

Just a thought, let me know what you think!

• Level 5*

I use the IFTTT service to pull starred articles from Google Reader into Evernote. It's not always perfect, but it's often enough, and the article URL is captured to you can go and clip straight from the article if you want. Having basically switched to Feedly at the moment, I can tell you that bookmarking an article in Feedly will be captured by the same IFTTT rule, at least for now. Worth checking out, I think, and you'll get it a lot sooner than Evernote will produce an RSS reader, I'm guessing, if they ever produce one at all.

Archived