(Archived) Web Clipper annoying login message

pinemeadows

I am so frustrated.  Ever since I had to reset my password, the web clipper doesn't work AT ALL.  It constantly comes up with an error message saying I must log in, but there's no spot where I can do that ---and actually, I'm already logged in every doggone place I can think of!

This has been an ongoing problem for years now - and when it "fixes" itself, I never know exactly what has happened to make it work.  I've rebooted, logged off, logged on, and am out of alternatives.  Yes, I've reinstalled the clipper for Safari as well.  Is there something I am missing here?

At this rate, I don't need to pay for premium service because all I'm doing is copying and pasting - I can get free storage for those files if that's all I can do.

Have enjoyed Evernote when it has worked and referred a LOT of people....but this should not stop working because I was required to reset a password.  (And I won't even address the reasons I had to do that.)

Any ideas I can try???

I followed your suggestions and it still does not work.  I have the latest version.

At this point, I am just copying and pasting.

I do NOT understand why resetting my password made this stop working.  I should never have done that.

OS is 10 - version 10.8.3

Safari is 6.0.3

And now I can't even find the Clipper in Safari Extensions ????   but when I click on the elephant, it allows only selecting a section or the screenshot choice.  It tells me I can drag files there which is new since I reset my password.

This is new today - since following your instructions.  Normally it just tells me I have to login, and I've never figured out where I'm supposed to do that.

I want this back to the way it was before I reset my password.  When I right click on my mouse, there are no Evernote options - because it's not in Safari maybe????  How can it work at all and where would it be????

Thanks for your help BTW.

Hi pinemeadows,

I think I know what is going on. You are using the 'Quick note' feature that is part of the Evernote Mac client. That one does not 'talk to Safari' the way our Clipper Extension does. 

Let's try this:

1) Install the Safari Web Clipper extension by visiting this URL in Safari and click the install button.

http://evernote.com/webclipper/

2) To use the Clipper Extension look for the Elephant icon in the toolbar of Safari browser. 

The difference is the the extension will not do screenshots but it will take the HTML content of webpages and turn it into a Note for Evernote. 

Let me know if that helps.

Did you hear that scream?  That was me.  I now get the "save to Evernote" message when I right click, but when I do that, it TELLS ME TO LOGIN TO THE WEB CLIPPER!!!!

Sorry for the noise - this has been an ongoing issue ever since I reset my password, and I am ready to be done with it.  Evernote is open.  Where in the heck does a person login to the web clipper?  I've never seen where to do that!

Thanks for trying to resolve this. 

Thank you!

I've had Evernote and used the clipper for years....never signed in before tonight.  I've signed in to Evernote - but never the Clipper.

Something else I just noticed is the black sidebar - I can hardly read it and hate that....how can I change it?

Thanks again jbignert....

Archived