Numbered Lists Don't Properly Sync

GregMcD

Idea

Running the latest version of EN 5.07 on all machines.

Numbered lists do not properly synchronize. For example, if you create a numbered list like this on one machine:

1. Topic

1. subtopic

2. subtopic

2. Topic

1. subtopic

2. subtopic

it is fine on the originating note but when synchronized, it appears like this on the other machines:

1. Topic

1. subtopic

2. subtopic

3. Topic

1. subtopic

2. subtopic

Multiple lines are misnumbered in the list. The misnumbering shows on other Macs as well as Evernote Web, iPhone and iPad. Any ETA on a fix for numbering (which has other problems as well)?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I haven't been able to reproduce this. Does this happen consistently with every numbered list?

I typed in exactly the example you gave (as well as a few more complicated lists), synced and opened in the web client (on several browsers), and on the iPad client. The note looked the same in all clients.

If either Jackolicious or Adjusting will send me your email address, I am happy to put the note in a shared notebook for you to examine or send you the shared URL. Either way, I very much appreciate you diving into this. My email address is greg@consulatio.com. Thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem. Also running the latest version of Evernote (5.0.7) on all machines.
I created a numbered list on my iMac, where it appears correctly:

1. topic

• subtopic
  • subtopic

2. topic

• subtopic
  • subtopic

3. etc.

I made the list by copy-pasting the first set (topic-subtopic-subtopic) several times, and then editing content.

On my MacBook Pro and online, however, the list looks like this, just as GregMcD noticed:

1. topic

• subtopic
  • subtopic

3. topic

• subtopic
  • subtopic

5. etc.

I don't use numbered lists very often, so haven't noticed this before. But I, too, can reproduce it easily by just creating a list and sync and it will be incorrect on the other client (tried both web, another Mac with 5.0.7 and iOS). It seems like it counts the sublists as were it a separate entry in the toplist. Like so:

• One
    • Two
    • ---
  • Three
    • Four
  • Five

Resulting in this:

13%2015:21.jpg

At least, that is what consistently happens here.

Archived