(Archived) Searching EMAILS in Evernote

First of all, english is not my first language. So, i wanna to ask for you excuse if i do some error.

I use Evernote on my Macbook Pro, iPhone and Ipad and i think is completely great for sync everything. My first motivation for using Evernote is save my Students Emails. I put all emails address inside the app like that: "luisfca@gmail.com, johnny@gmail.com, paule@hotmail.com", etc etc. At the end, i have a note with thousand emails. 

But i'm having a BIG trouble to find these emails once its saved.

For example, i have a note with Thousand of emails and i want to search for luisfca@gmail.com . I open my note, after i do (cmd+f) to open the search tool but when i put the full email address, my search appoints for more than 400 results, cause its searching all 'luisfca', all '@', all 'gmail' etc etc.

Swear to god i've searched all this forum trying to find a answer that fits to me but wasn't possible. So, once again, how can i find exactly what i want ?

Thanks in advance, i hope i made myself understood :)

Luis

Does a search for "luisfca@gmail.com" (with quotes around the email address) work?

unfortunately, not. When i do that, evernote show 0 results..

Look the image: i've tried to search "biapsi19@yahoo.com.br", this result its the 3 one, but evernote dont recognize it. When i was typing "b i a p etc" it was working, but when @ comes, it stopped. 

Captura%20de%20Tela%202013-03-21%20%C3%A

• Level 5*

Not sure what to tell you; this works perfectly well for me in all of the clients that I have available to me (Windows, Android, Web); unfortunately I don't have any Apple products to test this out on. You put double quotes around the string you are searching for, and you should find that string -- and yes, you have to use double quotes. You should try it on the web client.

You may find this thread helpful:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/27485-searching-a-string/

Try searching on:

luisfca gmail

If that doesn't narrow the search enough, you may have to add whatever luisfca's name in the emails is, too, rather than relying only upon the email address.

I'm searching like that: if i have luisfca@gmail.com i just put into "text box" luisfca and its appear for me. Its annoying have to search like that but it's the only way i can search for mails inside evernote.

If someone has new suggestions i'll appreciate (btw, i can post only 3 more topics today).

Try searching on:

luisfca gmail

If that doesn't narrow the search enough, you may have to add whatever luisfca's name in the emails is, too, rather than relying only upon the email address.

I'm searching like that: if i have luisfca@gmail.com i just put into "text box" luisfca and its appear for me. Its annoying have to search like that but it's the only way i can search for mails inside evernote.

If someone has new suggestions i'll appreciate (btw, i can post only 3 more topics today).

I'm not sure why that's annoying.  It's pretty easy typing & if it brings up the results you're looking for...???  (shrug)

Try searching on:

luisfca gmail

I'm not sure why that's annoying.  It's pretty easy typing & if it brings up the results you're looking for...???  (shrug)

First, in all my apps i search in the "regular" way and when i open evernote i have to change this way; second, when i put luisfca instead luisfca@gmail.com, i received more than 4 suggestions luisfca@gmail.com, luisfca@icloud, luisfca@me, luisfca@mac and if i put "luisfca gmail" i received despite i've said, all gmail inside the note.

• Level 5*

It should work to type in *exactly* the following, including the double quotes:

"luisfca@gmail.com"

Try this using the web client first. If it doesn't work there, then something else is wrong (I tried a similar search on the web client and it worked perfectly). Then try it on the Mac and iOS clients.

It should work to type in *exactly* the following, including the double quotes:

"luisfca@gmail.com"

Try this using the web client first. If it doesn't work there, then something else is wrong (I tried a similar search on the web client and it worked perfectly). Then try it on the Mac and iOS clients.

Hi. In the Web works fine. Mac, Iphone and IPAD, no. 

For today, its my last reply allowed. 

Archived